Ethical Hacking and Penetration Testing For Web Apps
Master Ethical Hacking and Penetration Testing with practical training
Updated on Nov, 2023
Language - English
Duration -3.5 hours
Ethical Hacking and Penetration Testing for Web Apps course will help you learn OWASP's TOP 10 vulnerability categories, the defenses, and fixes for them. The course also covers all the popular hacking types, launching your career as a web security specialist.
The Internet is now all around us. We have long used the advantages of the internet, and as time went on, the threat to cyber security also began to emerge. Daily reports of cyberattacks can be seen in every media.
The convenience, comfort, and amenities of using internet-based applications—whether they be web applications or mobile applications that utilize cloud-based APIs—have also raised the likelihood of a cyber assault. Because hackers are constantly on the lookout for vulnerabilities in applications, they have escalated to a point where it is impossible to even anticipate what will happen the following day.
Ethical Hacking and Penetration Testing For Web Apps Overview
A good secure application may be built, or the developer can be guided toward building a good program that is secure and does not contain the weaknesses that have previously been revealed, just like the proverb "A person who understands how to break a lock, can manufacture a good lock!"
What does the course offer?
In this course, we will address the OWASP Top 10 vulnerabilities. Open Web Application Security Project (OWASP) is a community-based initiative. They will routinely update their list of vulnerabilities.
Also, a subset of other vulnerabilities will be included in this Top 10 list of vulnerabilities and fall under those top 10. So, we will cover close to 30 of the most frequent vulnerabilities in this course, which are also the ones that are now prevalent in the cyber world.
You will feel secure enough to test a web application, a cloud-based application in an API-based application, or a mobile application that uses a cloud-based API after you have access to these 30 vulnerabilities
I provide you with the defenses and mitigating measures for each session so that we can avoid the vulnerability that was the subject of that particular session. So, you will be able to advise the programmer or developer who is creating the web application of the defensive measures.
Please make sure you are just utilizing these techniques for ethical hacking and penetration testing; do not use them for any other unethical or criminal activities.
Who is this course for?
Penetration testing and cyber security are very lucrative fields of work. This course is designed for people who are new to cyber security, those who are interested in entering the field, as well as experienced testers who want to transition into penetration testing.
It also provides an overview of basic web coding. This course is also open to those who are interested in ethical hacking.
The main focus of this course will be on performing penetration testing on web-based applications. Because the majority of mobile applications interact with a cloud-based API, it can also be used for those applications.
The security of the mobile application using this API is essentially the security of the API itself. We will issue you a course completion certificate upon completion of the course, which you may add to your resume and will greatly enhance the value of your present profile.
What will you learn in this course:
Learn ethical hacking from basics to advanced
Learn Penetration testing from basics to advanced
Upskill to become penetration testers.
What are the prerequisites for this course?
Basic knowledge of how web applications work.
A minimal configuration PC or laptop would be fine.
Check out the detailed breakdown of what’s inside the course
Complete Ethical Hacking & Penetration Testing
- Quick Overview of the Course 06:28 06:28
- Install WAMP, the Apache, PHP and MySQL stack for hosting the demo web server 04:22 04:22
- Install Mutillidae II, a free, open source, deliberately vulnerable web-app 05:50 05:50
- Install Burp Suite - An integrated platform for security testing of web Sites 07:38 07:38
- Troubleshooting Burp : Cannot load HTTPS Websites 02:01 02:01
- SQL Injection - Hacking Techniques and Defenses 09:43 09:43
- OS Command Injection - Hacking Techniques and Defenses 07:25 07:25
- JSON Injection Attack using Reflected XSS Technique and Defense Measures 11:39 11:39
- Cookie Manipulation Attack and Defense Tips 11:08 11:08
- Username Enumeration Attack - Part 1 07:06 07:06
- Username Enumeration Attack and Defense Tips - Part 2 07:06 07:06
- Brute Force Attack Technique and Defenses 11:48 11:48
- Cross Site Scripting (Reflected XXS using HTML Context) 08:14 08:14
- Storage Cross Site Scripting Attack - XSS Defenses 11:02 11:02
- Insecure Direct Object Reference - IDOR and Defense using File Tokens 08:05 08:05
- Insecure Direct Object Reference - IDOR and Defense using URL Tokens 05:03 05:03
- Directory Browsing / Traversal Threat Demonstration 05:32 05:32
- XXE - XML External Entity Attack Demonstration 05:55 05:55
- User Agent Manipulation or Spoofing Attack 08:02 08:02
- Security miss-configuration Attack Defenses (DIR Browsing, XXE, User Agent) 04:34 04:34
- Sensitive Data Exposure Vulnerability (via HTML/CSS/JS Comments) 04:29 04:29
- Hidden / Secret URL Vulnerability and Defenses 10:17 10:17
- HTML 5 Web Storage Vulnerability and Defenses 08:43 08:43
- Role Based Access Vulnerability and Defense 05:07 05:07
- CSRF - Cross Site Request Forgery Attack - Part 1 08:37 08:37
- CSRF - Cross Site Request Forgery Attack & Defenses - Part 2 04:21 04:21
- Entropy Analysis for CSRF Token 11:34 11:34
- CVSS - Common Vulnerability Scoring System 05:57 05:57
- Unvalidated URL Redirect Attack and Prevention code sample 07:35 07:35
SOURCE CODE ATTACHED
I am a pioneering, talented and security-oriented Android/iOS Mobile and PHP/Python Web Developer Application Developer offering more than eight years’ overall IT experience which involves designing, implementing, integrating, testing and supporting impact-full web and mobile applications.
I am a Post Graduate Masters Degree holder in Computer Science and Engineering.
My experience with PHP/Python Programming is an added advantage for server based Android and iOS Client Applications.
User your certification to make a career change or to advance in your current career. Salaries are among the highest in the world.
Our students work
with the Best
Very nice explained . Only one suggestion the questions I have posted is not answered. Hope that get resolved soon?.
Related Video CoursesView More
Become a valued member of Tutorials Point and enjoy unlimited access to our vast library of top-rated Video CoursesSubscribe now
Master prominent technologies at full length and become a valued certified professional.Explore Now