Zabbix 5 IT Infrastructure Monitoring Cookbook
Explore the new features of Zabbix 5 for designing, building, and maintaining your Zabbix setup
About the Book
Discover practical recipes to help you efficiently monitor enterprise IT infrastructure for Windows, Linux, and networking
- Find out how you can leverage some of the most exciting features of Zabbix 5
- Perform professional IT infrastructure and application monitoring on multiple platforms
- Discover easy-to-follow, practical solutions to problems in network monitoring with Zabbix
Zabbix offers useful insights into your infrastructure performance and issues and enables you to enhance your monitoring setup with its variety of powerful features. This book covers hands-on, easy-to-follow recipes for using Zabbix 5 for effectively monitoring the performance of devices and applications over networks.
The book starts by guiding you through the installation of Zabbix and using the Zabbix frontend. You'll then work your way through the most prominent features of Zabbix and make the right design choices for building a scalable and easily manageable environment. The book contains recipes for building items and triggers for different types of monitoring, building templates, and using Zabbix proxies. As you advance, you’ll learn how to use the Zabbix API for customization and manage your Zabbix server and database efficiently. Finally, you'll find quick solutions to the common and not-so-common problems that you may encounter in your everyday Zabbix monitoring work.
By the end of this Zabbix book, you’ll have learned how to use Zabbix for all your monitoring needs and be able to build a solid Zabbix setup by leveraging its key functionalities.
What you will learn
- Explore the different types of monitoring available in Zabbix 5
- Find out how to build your own Zabbix templates
- Use Zabbix proxies for effective load balancing/scaling
- Work with custom integrations and the Zabbix API
- Set up triggers and alerting with Zabbix 5
- Maintain your Zabbix setup for scaling, backups, and upgrades
- Discover how to perform advanced Zabbix database management
- Monitor cloud-based products such as Amazon Web Services (AWS), Azure, and Docker
Who this book is for
This book is for IT engineers who want to get started with Zabbix and anyone with an intermediate understanding of Zabbix looking to extend their knowledge. Although not necessary, prior experience with Zabbix will help you to make the most of this book.
Founded in 2004 in Birmingham, UK, Packt's mission is to help the world put software to work in new ways, through the delivery of effective learning and information services to IT professionals.
Working towards that vision, we have published over 6,500 books and videos so far, providing IT professionals with the actionable knowledge they need to get the job done - whether that's specific learning on an emerging technology or optimizing key skills in more established tools.
As part of our mission, we have also awarded over $1,000,000 through our Open Source Project Royalty scheme, helping numerous projects become household names along the way.
Our students work
with the Best
Become a valued member of Tutorials Point and enjoy unlimited access to our vast library of top-rated Video CoursesSubscribe now
Master prominent technologies at full length and become a valued certified professional.Explore Now