Microsoft Office Word 2010 allows you to create and edit personal and business documents, such as letters, reports, invoices, emails and books.
By default, documents saved in Word 2010 are saved with the .docx extension. Microsoft Word can be used for the following purposes:
- To create business documents having various graphics including pictures, charts, and diagrams.
- To store and reuse readymade content and formatted elements such as cover pages and sidebars.
- To create letters and letterheads for personal and business purpose.
- To design different documents such as resumes or invitation cards etc.
- To create a range of correspondence from a simple office memo to legal copies and reference documents.
This tutorial has been designed for computer users who are willing to learn Microsoft Word in simple steps and they do not have much knowledge about computer usage and Microsoft applications. This tutorial will give you enough understanding on MS Word from where you can take yourself to higher levels of expertise.
Before you begin with this tutorial, we assume you have a basic understanding of Computer peripherals like mouse, keyboard, monitor, screen, etc. and their basic operations.