Windows Server 2019 Automation with PowerShell Cookbook Third Edition
Powerful ways to automate and manage Windows administrative tasks
About the Book
Automate Windows server tasks with the powerful features of the PowerShell Language
- Leverage PowerShell to automate complex Windows server tasks
- Master new features such as DevOps, and containers, and speed up their performance using PowerShell
- Improve PowerShell's usability, and control and manage Windows-based environments by working through exciting recipes
Windows Server 2019 represents the latest version of Microsoft’s flagship server operating system. It also comes with PowerShell Version 5.1 and has a number of additional features that IT pros find useful.
The book helps the reader learn how to use PowerShell and manage core roles, features, and services of Windows Server 2019.
You will begin with creating a PowerShell Administrative Environment that has updated versions of PowerShell and the Windows Management Framework, updated versions of the .NET Framework, and third-party modules. Next, you will learn to use PowerShell to set up and configure Windows Server 2019 networking and also managing objects in the AD environment. You will also learn to set up a host to utilize containers and how to deploy containers. You will also be implementing different mechanisms for achieving desired state configuration along with getting well versed with Azure infrastructure and how to setup Virtual Machines, web sites, and shared files on Azure. Finally, you will be using some powerful tools you can use to diagnose and resolve issues with Windows Server 2019.
By the end of the book, you will learn a lot of trips and tricks to automate your windows environment with PowerShell
What you will learn
- Perform key admin tasks on Windows Server 2019
- Employing best practices for writing PowerShell scripts and configuring Windows Server 2019
- Use the .NET Framework to achieve administrative scripting
- Set up VMs, websites, and shared files on Azure
- Report system performance using built-in cmdlets and WMI to obtain single measurements
- Know the tools you can use to diagnose and resolve issues with Windows Server
Who this book is for
If you are a systems administrator, engineer, or an architect working with Windows Server 2016 interested in upgrading to Windows Server 2019 and automating tasks with PowerShell, then this book is for you. A basic knowledge of PowerShell is expected.
Founded in 2004 in Birmingham, UK, Packt's mission is to help the world put software to work in new ways, through the delivery of effective learning and information services to IT professionals.
Working towards that vision, we have published over 6,500 books and videos so far, providing IT professionals with the actionable knowledge they need to get the job done - whether that's specific learning on an emerging technology or optimizing key skills in more established tools.
As part of our mission, we have also awarded over $1,000,000 through our Open Source Project Royalty scheme, helping numerous projects become household names along the way.
Our students work
with the Best
Become a valued member of Tutorials Point and enjoy unlimited access to our vast library of top-rated Video CoursesSubscribe now
Master prominent technologies at full length and become a valued certified professional.Explore Now