Windows Server 2016 Administration Fundamentals
Deploy, set up, and deliver network services with Windows Server while preparing for the MTA 98-365 exam and pass it with ease
About the Book
- Get your hands on learning the fundamentals to managing and administering Windows Server 2016.
- A step-by-step guide that will help you develop necessary skills and knowledge to manage an enterprise environment.
- Learn to implement strong networking and security practices into your Windows Server environment
Windows Server 2016 is the server operating system developed by Microsoft as part of the Windows NT family of operating systems, developed concurrently with Windows 10. This book is designed to get you started with Windows Server 2016. It will prepare you for your MTA 98-365 exam. With step-by-step instructions driven by targeted, easy-to-understand graphics, you will be able to understand the roles, features, functions, and quirks of Windows Server 2016.
The book begins with the basics of Windows Server 2016, which includes the installation process and basic configuration. You will then move on to roles and features such as Active Directory, Hyper-V, Remote Access, Storage, and Printer. With the help of real-world examples, you will get to grips with the fundamentals of Windows Server 2016, which will help you solve difficult tasks the easy way. Later, the book also shows you maintenance and troubleshooting tasks, where with the help of best practices you will be able to manage Windows Server 2016 with ease. Each chapter ends with a questionnaire to ensure you make the best use of the content provided. By the end of this book, you will have the knowledge required to administer and manage Windows Server environments.
What you will learn
- Become familiar with Windows Server OS concepts
- Learn how to install Windows Server 2016
- Learn how to install device drivers and run services in Windows Server 2016
- Learn how to add and install roles in Windows Server 2016
- Learn how to apply GPO to your Windows Server 2016 environment
- Learn how to tune, maintain, update, and troubleshoot Windows Server 2016
- Prepare for the MTA 98-365 exam
Founded in 2004 in Birmingham, UK, Packt's mission is to help the world put software to work in new ways, through the delivery of effective learning and information services to IT professionals.
Working towards that vision, we have published over 6,500 books and videos so far, providing IT professionals with the actionable knowledge they need to get the job done - whether that's specific learning on an emerging technology or optimizing key skills in more established tools.
As part of our mission, we have also awarded over $1,000,000 through our Open Source Project Royalty scheme, helping numerous projects become household names along the way.
Our students work
with the Best
Become a valued member of Tutorials Point and enjoy unlimited access to our vast library of top-rated Video CoursesSubscribe now
Master prominent technologies at full length and become a valued certified professional.Explore Now