The Step-by-step Guide to Using Microsoft Word
About the Book
We’ve all been there before, staring at a computer screen with no idea what to do — don’t worry Using Word 2019 is here to help. Written by best-selling technology author, lecturer, and computer trainer Kevin Wilson, Using Word 2019 is packed with easy to follow instructions, photos, illustrations, helpful tips and video demos.
You'll want to keep this edition handy as you make your way around Microsoft Word. Have Fun!
- Start Word and find your way around the ribbon menu
- Format text: bold, italic, underlined, strike, and super/sub script
- Align, highlight and change text colour
- Cut, copy, paste and using the clipboard
- Use headers, footers, columns, watermarks, and cover pages
- Insert page numbers, contents pages and indexes
- Add page borders, and page breaks
- Sort text, adjust line spacing, and tabs, as well as bullet and numbered lists
- Save, print, share and collaborate with others
- Insert SmartArt, charts, tables, equations and special characters
- Add images, crop, wrap text and use effects
- Use pre-designed templates, and build your own
- Mail merge letters, labels and envelopes
- Check spelling and grammar
- Improve your work with thesaurus and insights
EllumitechQuality Online Courses & Textbooks
Our vision has always been to develop resources that break down complex subjects into easy-to-follow guides that people can understand.
We have developed courses along side books published by Elluminet Press for academic customers all over the world in countries including the United Kingdom, Canada, Australia, South Africa, and the United States.
Meet the team. Courses are written and directed by Kevin Wilson. He holds a master's degree in computer science, software engineering, and multimedia systems. Kevin has worked in the IT industry for over 20 years and has gained a wealth of experience in graphic & web design, digital film & photography, programming & software engineering, developing & managing corporate networks, building computer systems, and IT support. He teaches computer science at college, and works as an IT trainer in England while researching for his PhD.
Courses presented by Anna Wilson. Anna has a wealth of experience in public speaking, presenting and tutoring. She is a great communicator and is able to explain things and get her point across.
Technical reviews by Mike Taylor and Robert Ashcroft. Two colleagues who regularly lecture in the field of computer science, they make sure the courses are accurate and are responsible for testing the procedures, exercises and lectures.
If there is something we've missed out, or if you have any questions, don't hesitate to contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org. The team will be more than happy to assist you with any questions and create any new content to cover topics missed. Thanks in advance for helping us to create the best possible resources to help you learn.
Our students work
with the Best
Become a valued member of Tutorials Point and enjoy unlimited access to our vast library of top-rated Video CoursesSubscribe now
Master prominent technologies at full length and become a valued certified professional.Explore Now