Unity 2020 Mobile Game Development Second Edition
Discover practical techniques and examples to create and deliver engaging games for Android and iOS
About the Book
A practical guide on how to use Unity for building cross-platform mobile games and Augmented Reality apps using the latest Unity 2020 toolset
- Create, deploy, and monetize captivating and immersive games on Android and iOS platforms
- Take your games into the real world by adding augmented reality features to your mobile projects
- Kick-start your mobile game development journey with step-by-step instructions and a demo game project
Unity 2020 brings a lot of new features that can be harnessed for building powerful games for popular mobile platforms. This updated second edition delves into Unity development, covering the new features of Unity, modern development practices, and augmented reality (AR) for creating an immersive mobile experience. The book takes a step-by-step approach to building an endless runner game using Unity to help you learn the concepts of mobile game development.
This new edition also covers AR features and explains how to implement them using ARCore and ARKit with Unity. The book explores the new mobile notification package and helps you add notifications for your games. You’ll learn how to add touch gestures and design UI elements that can be used in both landscape and portrait modes at different resolutions. The book then covers the best ways to monetize your games using Unity Ads and in-app purchases before you learn how to integrate your game with various social networks. Next, using Unity’s analytics tools, you’ll enhance your game by gaining insights into how players like and use your game. Finally, you’ll take your games into the real world by implementing AR capabilities and publishing them on both Android and iOS app stores.
By the end of this book, you will have learned Unity tools and techniques and be able to use them to build robust cross-platform mobile games.
What you will learn
- Design responsive user interfaces for your mobile games
- Detect collisions, receive user input, and create player movements for your mobile games
- Create interesting gameplay elements using inputs from your mobile device
- Explore the mobile notification package in Unity game engine to keep players engaged
- Create interactive and visually appealing content for Android and iOS devices
- Monetize your game projects using Unity Ads and in-app purchases
Who this book is for
If you are a game developer or mobile developer who wants to learn Unity and use it to build mobile games for iOS and Android, then this Unity book is for you. Prior knowledge of C# and Unity will be beneficial but is not mandatory.
Founded in 2004 in Birmingham, UK, Packt's mission is to help the world put software to work in new ways, through the delivery of effective learning and information services to IT professionals.
Working towards that vision, we have published over 6,500 books and videos so far, providing IT professionals with the actionable knowledge they need to get the job done - whether that's specific learning on an emerging technology or optimizing key skills in more established tools.
As part of our mission, we have also awarded over $1,000,000 through our Open Source Project Royalty scheme, helping numerous projects become household names along the way.
Our students work
with the Best
Become a valued member of Tutorials Point and enjoy unlimited access to our vast library of top-rated Video CoursesSubscribe now
Master prominent technologies at full length and become a valued certified professional.Explore Now