Understanding Google Docs
The Step-by-step Guide to Understanding the Fundamentals of Google Docs
About the Book
We've all been there before, staring at a computer screen with no idea what to do - don't worry Understanding Google Docs is here to help. Written by best-selling technology author, lecturer, and computer trainer Kevin Wilson, Understanding Google Docs is packed with easy to follow instructions, photos, illustrations, helpful tips and video demos.
You'll want to keep this edition handy as you make your way around Google Docs. Have Fun!
- Start Google Docs and find your way around navigation menus
- Format text: bold, italic, underlined, strike, and super/sub script
- Align, highlight and change text colour
- Cut, copy, paste and using the clipboard
- Use headers, footers, and columns
- Insert page numbers, and contents pages
- Add page and section breaks
- Adjust line spacing, and tab stops, as well as bullet and numbered lists
- Convert documents to other formats such as PDF or Microsoft Word
- Share your documents, print them out, or email them as attachments.
- Collaborate with other users and work on group projects with collaboration features
- Insert wordart, drawings, charts, tables, equations and special characters
- Add images, crop, wrap text and use effects
- Check spelling and grammar
- Improve your work with dictionary define and lookup features
- Expand the functionality of Google Docs using Addons
- Take Google Docs with you on your tablet and work on your documents anywhere
EllumitechQuality Online Courses & Textbooks
Our vision has always been to develop resources that break down complex subjects into easy-to-follow guides that people can understand.
We have developed courses along side books published by Elluminet Press for academic customers all over the world in countries including the United Kingdom, Canada, Australia, South Africa, and the United States.
Meet the team. Courses are written and directed by Kevin Wilson. He holds a master's degree in computer science, software engineering, and multimedia systems. Kevin has worked in the IT industry for over 20 years and has gained a wealth of experience in graphic & web design, digital film & photography, programming & software engineering, developing & managing corporate networks, building computer systems, and IT support. He teaches computer science at college, and works as an IT trainer in England while researching for his PhD.
Courses presented by Anna Wilson. Anna has a wealth of experience in public speaking, presenting and tutoring. She is a great communicator and is able to explain things and get her point across.
Technical reviews by Mike Taylor and Robert Ashcroft. Two colleagues who regularly lecture in the field of computer science, they make sure the courses are accurate and are responsible for testing the procedures, exercises and lectures.
If there is something we've missed out, or if you have any questions, don't hesitate to contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org. The team will be more than happy to assist you with any questions and create any new content to cover topics missed. Thanks in advance for helping us to create the best possible resources to help you learn.
Our students work
with the Best
Become a valued member of Tutorials Point and enjoy unlimited access to our vast library of top-rated Video CoursesSubscribe now
Master prominent technologies at full length and become a valued certified professional.Explore Now