The Economics of Data, Analytics, and Digital Transformation
The theorems, laws, and empowerments to guide your organization's digital transformation
About the Book
Build a continuously learning and adapting organization that can extract increasing levels of business, customer and operational value from the amalgamation of data and advanced analytics such as AI and Machine Learning
- Master the Big Data Business Model Maturity Index methodology to transition to a value-driven organizational mindset
- Acquire implementable knowledge on digital transformation through 8 practical laws
- Explore the economics behind digital assets (data and analytics) that appreciate in value when constructed and deployed correctly
In today’s digital era, every organization has data, but just possessing enormous amounts of data is not a sufficient market discriminator.
The Economics of Data, Analytics, and Digital Transformation aims to provide actionable insights into the real market discriminators, including an organization’s data-fueled analytics products that inspire innovation, deliver insights, help make practical decisions, generate value, and produce mission success for the enterprise.
The book begins by first building your mindset to be value-driven and introducing the Big Data Business Model Maturity Index, its maturity index phases, and how to navigate the index. You will explore value engineering, where you will learn how to identify key business initiatives, stakeholders, advanced analytics, data sources, and instrumentation strategies that are essential to data science success. The book will help you accelerate and optimize your company’s operations through AI and machine learning.
By the end of the book, you will have the tools and techniques to drive your organization’s digital transformation.
Here are a few words from Dr. Kirk Borne, Data Scientist and Executive Advisor at Booz Allen Hamilton, about the book:
Data analytics should first and foremost be about action and value. Consequently, the great value of this book is that it seeks to be actionable. It offers a dynamic progression of purpose-driven ignition points that you can act upon.
What you will learn
- Train your organization to transition from being data-driven to being value-driven
- Navigate and master the big data business model maturity index
- Learn a methodology for determining the economic value of your data and analytics
- Understand how AI and machine learning can create analytics assets that appreciate in value the more that they are used
- Become aware of digital transformation misconceptions and pitfalls
- Create empowered and dynamic teams that fuel your organization’s digital transformation
Who this book is for
This book is designed to benefit everyone from students who aspire to study the economic fundamentals behind data and digital transformation to established business leaders and professionals who want to learn how to leverage data and analytics to accelerate their business careers.
Founded in 2004 in Birmingham, UK, Packt's mission is to help the world put software to work in new ways, through the delivery of effective learning and information services to IT professionals.
Working towards that vision, we have published over 6,500 books and videos so far, providing IT professionals with the actionable knowledge they need to get the job done - whether that's specific learning on an emerging technology or optimizing key skills in more established tools.
As part of our mission, we have also awarded over $1,000,000 through our Open Source Project Royalty scheme, helping numerous projects become household names along the way.
Our students work
with the Best
Become a valued member of Tutorials Point and enjoy unlimited access to our vast library of top-rated Video CoursesSubscribe now
Master prominent technologies at full length and become a valued certified professional.Explore Now