The DevOps 2.5 Toolkit
Monitoring, Logging, and Auto-Scaling Kubernetes: Making Resilient, Self-Adaptive, And Autonomous Kubernetes Clusters
About the Book
An advanced exploration of the skills and knowledge required for operating Kubernetes clusters, with a focus on metrics gathering and alerting, with the goal of making clusters and applications inside them autonomous through self-healing and self-adaptation.
- The sixth book of DevOps expert Viktor Farcic’s bestselling DevOps Toolkit series, with an overview of advanced core Kubernetes techniques,-oriented towards monitoring and alerting.
- Takes a deep dive into monitoring, alerting, logging, auto-scaling, and other subjects aimed at making clusters resilient, self-sufficient, and self-adaptive
- Discusses how to customise and create dashboards and alerts
Building on The DevOps 2.3 Toolkit: Kubernetes, and The DevOps 2.4 Toolkit: Continuous Deployment to Kubernetes, Viktor Farcic brings his latest exploration of the Docker technology as he records his journey to monitoring, logging, and autoscaling Kubernetes.
The DevOps 2.5 Toolkit: Monitoring, Logging, and Auto-Scaling Kubernetes: Making Resilient, Self-Adaptive, And Autonomous Kubernetes Clusters is the latest book in Viktor Farcic’s series that helps you build a full DevOps Toolkit. This book helps readers develop the necessary skillsets needed to be able to operate Kubernetes clusters, with a focus on metrics gathering and alerting with the goal of making clusters and applications inside them autonomous through self-healing and self-adaptation.
Work with Viktor and dive into the creation of self-adaptive and self-healing systems within Kubernetes.
What you will learn
- Autoscaling Deployments and Statefulsets based on resource usage
- Autoscaling nodes of a Kubernetes cluster
- Debugging issues discovered through metrics and alerts
- Extending HorizontalPodAutoscaler with custom metrics
- Visualizing metrics and alerts
- Collecting and querying logs
Who this book is for
Readers with an advanced-level understanding of Kubernetes and hands-on experience.
Founded in 2004 in Birmingham, UK, Packt's mission is to help the world put software to work in new ways, through the delivery of effective learning and information services to IT professionals.
Working towards that vision, we have published over 6,500 books and videos so far, providing IT professionals with the actionable knowledge they need to get the job done - whether that's specific learning on an emerging technology or optimizing key skills in more established tools.
As part of our mission, we have also awarded over $1,000,000 through our Open Source Project Royalty scheme, helping numerous projects become household names along the way.
Our students work
with the Best
Become a valued member of Tutorials Point and enjoy unlimited access to our vast library of top-rated Video CoursesSubscribe now
Master prominent technologies at full length and become a valued certified professional.Explore Now