The DevOps 2.4 Toolkit
Continuous Deployment to Kubernetes: Continuously deploying applications with Jenkins to a Kubernetes cluster
About the Book
An exploration of continuous deployment to a Kubernetes cluster, using a wide range of Kubernetes platforms with instructions on how to develop a pipeline on a few of the most commonly used CI/CD platforms.
- The fifth book of DevOps expert Viktor Farcic’s bestselling DevOps Toolkit series, with a discussion of the difference between continuous delivery vs. continuous deployment, and which is best for the user
- Guides readers through the continuous deployment process using Jenkins in a Kubernetes cluster
- Provides an overview of the best practices for building, testing, and deploying applications through fully automated pipelines.
Building on The DevOps 2.3 Toolkit: Kubernetes, Viktor Farcic brings his latest exploration of the Docker technology as he records his journey to continuously deploying applications with Jenkins into a Kubernetes cluster.
The DevOps 2.4 Toolkit: Continuously Deploying Applications with Jenkins to a Kubernetes Cluster is the latest book in Viktor Farcic’s series that helps you build a full DevOps Toolkit. This book guides readers through the process of building, testing, and deploying applications through fully automated pipelines.
Within this book, Viktor will cover a wide-range of emerging topics, including an exploration of continuous delivery and deployment in Kubernetes using Jenkins. It also shows readers how to perform continuous integration inside these clusters, and discusses the distribution of Kubernetes applications, as well as installing and setting up Jenkins.
Work with Viktor and dive into the creation of self-adaptive and self-healing systems within Docker.
What you will learn
- Gain an understanding of continuous deployment
- Learn how to build, test, and deploy applications into Kubernetes
- Execute continuous integration inside containers
Who this book is for
Readers with an intermediate level understanding of Kubernetes and hands-on experience.
Founded in 2004 in Birmingham, UK, Packt's mission is to help the world put software to work in new ways, through the delivery of effective learning and information services to IT professionals.
Working towards that vision, we have published over 6,500 books and videos so far, providing IT professionals with the actionable knowledge they need to get the job done - whether that's specific learning on an emerging technology or optimizing key skills in more established tools.
As part of our mission, we have also awarded over $1,000,000 through our Open Source Project Royalty scheme, helping numerous projects become household names along the way.
Our students work
with the Best
Master prominent technologies at full length and become a valued certified professional.Explore Now