The Complete Rust Programming Reference Guide
Design, develop, and deploy effective software systems using the advanced constructs of Rust
About the Book
Design and implement professional-level programs by leveraging modern data structures and algorithms in Rust
- Improve your productivity by writing more simple and easy code in Rust
- Discover the functional and reactive implementations of traditional data structures
- Delve into new domains of Rust, including WebAssembly, networking, and command-line tools
Rust is a powerful language with a rare combination of safety, speed, and zero-cost abstractions. This Learning Path is filled with clear and simple explanations of its features along with real-world examples, demonstrating how you can build robust, scalable, and reliable programs.
You’ll get started with an introduction to Rust data structures, algorithms, and essential language constructs. Next, you will understand how to store data using linked lists, arrays, stacks, and queues. You’ll also learn to implement sorting and searching algorithms, such as Brute Force algorithms, Greedy algorithms, Dynamic Programming, and Backtracking. As you progress, you’ll pick up on using Rust for systems programming, network programming, and the web. You’ll then move on to discover a variety of techniques, right from writing memory-safe code, to building idiomatic Rust libraries, and even advanced macros.
By the end of this Learning Path, you’ll be able to implement Rust for enterprise projects, writing better tests and documentation, designing for performance, and creating idiomatic Rust code.
This Learning Path includes content from the following Packt products:
- Mastering Rust - Second Edition by Rahul Sharma and Vesa Kaihlavirta
- Hands-On Data Structures and Algorithms with Rust by Claus Matzinger
What you will learn
- Design and implement complex data structures in Rust
- Create and use well-tested and reusable components with Rust
- Understand the basics of multithreaded programming and advanced algorithm design
- Explore application profiling based on benchmarking and testing
- Study and apply best practices and strategies in error handling
- Create efficient web applications with the Actix-web framework
- Use Diesel for type-safe database interactions in your web application
Who this book is for
If you are already familiar with an imperative language and now want to progress from being a beginner to an intermediate-level Rust programmer, this Learning Path is for you. Developers who are already familiar with Rust and want to delve deeper into the essential data structures and algorithms in Rust will also find this Learning Path useful.
Founded in 2004 in Birmingham, UK, Packt's mission is to help the world put software to work in new ways, through the delivery of effective learning and information services to IT professionals.
Working towards that vision, we have published over 6,500 books and videos so far, providing IT professionals with the actionable knowledge they need to get the job done - whether that's specific learning on an emerging technology or optimizing key skills in more established tools.
As part of our mission, we have also awarded over $1,000,000 through our Open Source Project Royalty scheme, helping numerous projects become household names along the way.
Our students work
with the Best
Become a valued member of Tutorials Point and enjoy unlimited access to our vast library of top-rated Video CoursesSubscribe now
Master prominent technologies at full length and become a valued certified professional.Explore Now