The Complete Metasploit Guide
Explore effective penetration testing techniques with Metasploit
About the Book
Master the Metasploit Framework and become an expert in penetration testing.
- Gain a thorough understanding of the Metasploit Framework
- Develop the skills to perform penetration testing in complex and highly secure environments
- Learn techniques to integrate Metasploit with the industry’s leading tools
Most businesses today are driven by their IT infrastructure, and the tiniest crack in this IT network can bring down the entire business. Metasploit is a pentesting network that can validate your system by performing elaborate penetration tests using the Metasploit Framework to secure your infrastructure.
This Learning Path introduces you to the basic functionalities and applications of Metasploit. Throughout this book, you’ll learn different techniques for programming Metasploit modules to validate services such as databases, fingerprinting, and scanning. You’ll get to grips with post exploitation and write quick scripts to gather information from exploited systems. As you progress, you’ll delve into real-world scenarios where performing penetration tests are a challenge. With the help of these case studies, you’ll explore client-side attacks using Metasploit and a variety of scripts built on the Metasploit Framework.
By the end of this Learning Path, you’ll have the skills required to identify system vulnerabilities by using thorough testing.
This Learning Path includes content from the following Packt products:
- Metasploit for Beginners by Sagar Rahalkar
- Mastering Metasploit - Third Edition by Nipun Jaswal
What you will learn
- Develop advanced and sophisticated auxiliary modules
- Port exploits from Perl, Python, and many other programming languages
- Bypass modern protections such as antivirus and IDS with Metasploit
- Script attacks in Armitage using the Cortana scripting language
- Customize Metasploit modules to modify existing exploits
- Explore the steps involved in post-exploitation on Android and mobile platforms
Who this book is for
This Learning Path is ideal for security professionals, web programmers, and pentesters who want to master vulnerability exploitation and get the most of the Metasploit Framework. Basic knowledge of Ruby programming and Cortana scripting language is required.
Founded in 2004 in Birmingham, UK, Packt's mission is to help the world put software to work in new ways, through the delivery of effective learning and information services to IT professionals.
Working towards that vision, we have published over 6,500 books and videos so far, providing IT professionals with the actionable knowledge they need to get the job done - whether that's specific learning on an emerging technology or optimizing key skills in more established tools.
As part of our mission, we have also awarded over $1,000,000 through our Open Source Project Royalty scheme, helping numerous projects become household names along the way.
Our students work
with the Best
Become a valued member of Tutorials Point and enjoy unlimited access to our vast library of top-rated Video CoursesSubscribe now
Master prominent technologies at full length and become a valued certified professional.Explore Now