The C# Workshop
The C# Workshop
About the Book
Build your understanding and confidence with this hands-on guide to programming with C# 10 and .NET 6
- Gain a solid foundation in C# and focus on coding real-world applications
- Learn how to write clean, effective code and think like a C# developer
- Build your experience and confidence with hands-on exercises and activities
C# is a powerful, versatile language that can unlock a variety of career paths. But, as with any programming language, learning C# can be a challenging process. With a wide range of different resources available, it’s difficult to know where to start.
That's where The C# Workshop comes in. Written and reviewed by industry experts, it provides a fast-paced, supportive learning experience that will quickly get you writing C# code and building applications. Unlike other software development books that focus on dry, technical explanations of the underlying theory, this Workshop cuts through the noise and uses engaging examples to help you understand how each concept is applied in the real world.
As you work through the book, you'll tackle realistic exercises that simulate the type of problems that software developers work on every day. These mini-projects include building a random-number guessing game, using the publisher-subscriber model to design a web file downloader, creating a to-do list using Razor Pages, generating images from the Fibonacci sequence using async/await tasks, and developing a temperature unit conversion app which you will then deploy to a production server.
By the end of this book, you'll have the knowledge, skills, and confidence to advance your career and tackle your own ambitious projects with C#.
What you will learn
- Understand the fundamentals of programming with C# 10 and .NET 6
- Build your familiarity with .NET CLI and Visual Studio Code
- Master the fundamentals of object-oriented programming (OOP)
- Understand and implement concurrency to write more efficient code
- Create a database and handle data using C#, SQL, and Entity Framework
- Build web applications using the ASP.NET framework
- Run automated unit tests with NUnit to validate your code
- Use principles including SOLID, KISS, ACID, DRY, and design patterns
Who this book is for
This book is for aspiring C# developers. It is recommended that you already have a basic understanding of core programming concepts before you start. Prior experience of another programming language would be beneficial, though it is not absolutely necessary.
Founded in 2004 in Birmingham, UK, Packt's mission is to help the world put software to work in new ways, through the delivery of effective learning and information services to IT professionals.
Working towards that vision, we have published over 6,500 books and videos so far, providing IT professionals with the actionable knowledge they need to get the job done - whether that's specific learning on an emerging technology or optimizing key skills in more established tools.
As part of our mission, we have also awarded over $1,000,000 through our Open Source Project Royalty scheme, helping numerous projects become household names along the way.
Our students work
with the Best
Become a valued member of Tutorials Point and enjoy unlimited access to our vast library of top-rated Video CoursesSubscribe now
Master prominent technologies at full length and become a valued certified professional.Explore Now