Tableau 2019.x Cookbook
Over 115 recipes to build end-to-end analytical solutions using Tableau
About the Book
Perform advanced dashboard, visualization, and analytical techniques with Tableau Desktop, Tableau Prep, and Tableau Server
- Unique problem-solution approach to aid effective business decision-making
- Create interactive dashboards and implement powerful business intelligence solutions
- Includes best practices on using Tableau with modern cloud analytics services
Tableau has been one of the most popular business intelligence solutions in recent times, thanks to its powerful and interactive data visualization capabilities. Tableau 2019.x Cookbook is full of useful recipes from industry experts, who will help you master Tableau skills and learn each aspect of Tableau's ecosystem.
This book is enriched with features such as Tableau extracts, Tableau advanced calculations, geospatial analysis, and building dashboards. It will guide you with exciting data manipulation, storytelling, advanced filtering, expert visualization, and forecasting techniques using real-world examples. From basic functionalities of Tableau to complex deployment on Linux, you will cover it all. Moreover, you will learn advanced features of Tableau using R, Python, and various APIs. You will learn how to prepare data for analysis using the latest Tableau Prep. In the concluding chapters, you will learn how Tableau fits the modern world of analytics and works with modern data platforms such as Snowflake and Redshift. In addition, you will learn about the best practices of integrating Tableau with ETL using Matillion ETL.
By the end of the book, you will be ready to tackle business intelligence challenges using Tableau's features.
What you will learn
- Understand the basic and advanced skills of Tableau Desktop
- Implement best practices of visualization, dashboard, and storytelling
- Learn advanced analytics with the use of build in statistics
- Deploy the multi-node server on Linux and Windows
- Use Tableau with big data sources such as Hadoop, Athena, and Spectrum
- Cover Tableau built-in functions for forecasting using R packages
- Combine, shape, and clean data for analysis using Tableau Prep
- Extend Tableau’s functionalities with REST API and R/Python
Who this book is for
Tableau 2019.x Cookbook is for data analysts, data engineers, BI developers, and users who are looking for quick solutions to common and not-so-common problems faced while using Tableau products. Put each recipe into practice by bringing the latest offerings of Tableau 2019.x to solve real-world analytics and business intelligence challenges. Some understanding of BI concepts and Tableau is required.
Founded in 2004 in Birmingham, UK, Packt's mission is to help the world put software to work in new ways, through the delivery of effective learning and information services to IT professionals.
Working towards that vision, we have published over 6,500 books and videos so far, providing IT professionals with the actionable knowledge they need to get the job done - whether that's specific learning on an emerging technology or optimizing key skills in more established tools.
As part of our mission, we have also awarded over $1,000,000 through our Open Source Project Royalty scheme, helping numerous projects become household names along the way.
Our students work
with the Best
Become a valued member of Tutorials Point and enjoy unlimited access to our vast library of top-rated Video CoursesSubscribe now
Master prominent technologies at full length and become a valued certified professional.Explore Now