Serverless Architectures with Kubernetes
Create production-ready Kubernetes clusters and run serverless applications on them
About the Book
Deploy, orchestrate, and monitor serverless applications using Kubernetes
- Get hands-on experience with frameworks, such as Kubeless, Apache OpenWhisk, and Funktion
- Master the basics of Kubernetes and prepare yourself for challenging technical assessments
- Learn how to launch Kubernetes both locally and in a public cloud
Kubernetes has established itself as the standard platform for container management, orchestration, and deployment. By learning Kubernetes, you’ll be able to design your own serverless architecture by implementing the function-as-a-service (FaaS) model.
After an accelerated, hands-on overview of the serverless architecture and various Kubernetes concepts, you’ll cover a wide range of real-world development challenges faced by real-world developers, and explore various techniques to overcome them. You’ll learn how to create production-ready Kubernetes clusters and run serverless applications on them. You'll see how Kubernetes platforms and serverless frameworks such as Kubeless, Apache OpenWhisk and OpenFaaS provide the tooling to help you develop serverless applications on Kubernetes. You'll also learn ways to select the appropriate framework for your upcoming project.
By the end of this book, you’ll have the skills and confidence to design your own serverless applications using the power and flexibility of Kubernetes.
What you will learn
- Deploy a Kubernetes cluster locally with Minikube
- Get familiar with AWS Lambda and Google Cloud Functions
- Create, build, and deploy a webpage generated by the serverless functions in the cloud
- Create a Kubernetes cluster running on the virtual kubelet hardware abstraction
- Create, test, troubleshoot, and delete an OpenFaaS function
- Create a sample Slackbot with Apache OpenWhisk actions
Who this book is for
This book is for software developers and DevOps engineers who have basic or intermediate knowledge about Kubernetes and want to learn how to create serverless applications that run on Kubernetes. Those who want to design and create serverless applications running on the cloud, or on-premise Kubernetes clusters will also find this book useful.
Founded in 2004 in Birmingham, UK, Packt's mission is to help the world put software to work in new ways, through the delivery of effective learning and information services to IT professionals.
Working towards that vision, we have published over 6,500 books and videos so far, providing IT professionals with the actionable knowledge they need to get the job done - whether that's specific learning on an emerging technology or optimizing key skills in more established tools.
As part of our mission, we have also awarded over $1,000,000 through our Open Source Project Royalty scheme, helping numerous projects become household names along the way.
Our students work
with the Best
Become a valued member of Tutorials Point and enjoy unlimited access to our vast library of top-rated Video CoursesSubscribe now
Master prominent technologies at full length and become a valued certified professional.Explore Now