Securing Blockchain Networks like Ethereum and Hyperledger Fabric
Learn advanced security configurations and design principles to safeguard Blockchain networks
About the Book
Build secure private blockchain networks to handle mission-critical security challenges such as denial-of-service attacks, user wallets, and pool mining attacks
- Explore blockchain concepts such as cryptography, consensus algorithms, and security assumptions
- Architect network security for mission-critical decentralized apps (Dapps) using design security considerations
- Consider various deployment and operational aspects while building a blockchain network
Blockchain adoption has extended from niche research to everyday usage. However, despite the blockchain revolution, one of the key challenges faced in blockchain development is maintaining security, and this book will demonstrate the techniques for doing this.
You’ll start with blockchain basics and explore various blockchain attacks on user wallets, and denial of service and pool mining attacks. Next, you’ll learn cryptography concepts, consensus algorithms in blockchain security, and design principles while understanding and deploying security implementation guidelines. You’ll not only cover architectural considerations, but also work on system and network security and operational configurations for your Ethereum and Hyperledger Fabric network. You’ll later implement security at each level of blockchain app development, understanding how to secure various phases of a blockchain app using an example-based approach. You’ll gradually learn to securely implement and develop decentralized apps, and follow deployment best practices. Finally, you’ll explore the architectural components of Hyperledger Fabric, and how they can be configured to build secure private blockchain networks.
By the end of this book, you’ll have learned blockchain security concepts and techniques that you can implement in real blockchain production environments.
What you will learn
- Understand blockchain consensus algorithms and security assumptions
- Design secure distributed applications and smart contracts
- Understand how blockchains manage transactions and help to protect wallets and private keys
- Prevent potential security threats that can affect distributed ledger technologies (DLTs) and blockchains
- Use pentesting tools for assessing potential flaws in Dapps and smart contracts
- Assess privacy compliance issues and manage sensitive data with blockchain
Who this book is for
This book is for blockchain developers, security professionals, and Ethereum and Hyperledger developers who are looking to implement security in blockchain platforms and ensure secure data management using an example-driven approach. Basic knowledge of blockchain concepts will be beneficial.
Founded in 2004 in Birmingham, UK, Packt's mission is to help the world put software to work in new ways, through the delivery of effective learning and information services to IT professionals.
Working towards that vision, we have published over 6,500 books and videos so far, providing IT professionals with the actionable knowledge they need to get the job done - whether that's specific learning on an emerging technology or optimizing key skills in more established tools.
As part of our mission, we have also awarded over $1,000,000 through our Open Source Project Royalty scheme, helping numerous projects become household names along the way.
Our students work
with the Best
Become a valued member of Tutorials Point and enjoy unlimited access to our vast library of top-rated Video CoursesSubscribe now
Master prominent technologies at full length and become a valued certified professional.Explore Now