Scaling Scrum Across Modern Enterprises
Implement Scrum and Lean-Agile techniques across complex products, portfolios, and programs in large organizations
About the Book
Establish business agility in your organization by applying industry-proven scaling strategies from popular Scrum frameworks such as Scrum of Scrums (SoS), Scrum@Scale, Nexus, Large-Scale Scrum (LeSS), Disciplined Agile, and SAFe
- Learn how to be Agile at scale by implementing best practices
- Understand how Lean-Agile practices are incorporated in Disciplined Agile and the Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe)
- Customize Scrum and Lean-Agile practices to support portfolio and large product development needs
Scaled Scrum and Lean-Agile practices provide essential strategies to address large and complex product development challenges not addressed in traditional Scrum. This Scrum/ Lean-Agile handbook provides a comprehensive review and analysis of industry-proven scaling strategies that enable business agility on an enterprise scale. Free of marketing hype or vendor bias, this book helps you decide which practices best fit your situation.
You'll start with an introduction to Scrum as a lightweight software development framework and then explore common approaches to scaling it for more complex development scenarios. The book will then guide you through systems theory, lean development, and the application of holistic thinking to more complex software and system development activities. Throughout, you'll learn how to support multiple teams working in collaboration to develop large and complex products and explore how to manage cross-team integration, dependency, and synchronization issues. Later, you'll learn how to improve enterprise operational efficiency across value creation and value delivery activities, before discovering how to align product portfolio investments with corporate strategies.
By the end of this Scrum book, you and your product teams will be able to get the most value out of Agile at scale, even in complex cyber-physical system development environments.
What you will learn
- Understand the limitations of traditional Scrum practices
- Explore the roles and responsibilities in a scaled Scrum and Lean-Agile development environment
- Tailor your Scrum approach to support portfolio and large product development needs
- Apply systems thinking to evaluate the impacts of changes in the interdependent parts of a larger development and delivery system
- Scale Scrum practices at both the program and portfolio levels of management
- Understand how DevOps, test automation, and CI/CD capabilities help in scaling Scrum practices
Who this book is for
Executives, product owners, Scrum masters, development team members, and other stakeholders who need to learn how to scale Agile to support large, complex projects and large enterprise portfolios and programs will find this book useful. A basic understanding of the values and principles of Agile and the Scrum-based framework for Agile development practices is required before you get started with this Agile Scrum book.
Founded in 2004 in Birmingham, UK, Packt's mission is to help the world put software to work in new ways, through the delivery of effective learning and information services to IT professionals.
Working towards that vision, we have published over 6,500 books and videos so far, providing IT professionals with the actionable knowledge they need to get the job done - whether that's specific learning on an emerging technology or optimizing key skills in more established tools.
As part of our mission, we have also awarded over $1,000,000 through our Open Source Project Royalty scheme, helping numerous projects become household names along the way.
Our students work
with the Best
Become a valued member of Tutorials Point and enjoy unlimited access to our vast library of top-rated Video CoursesSubscribe now
Master prominent technologies at full length and become a valued certified professional.Explore Now