Salesforce Platform Developer I Certification Guide
Expert tips, techniques, and mock tests for the Platform Developer I (DEV501) certification exam
About the Book
Build and deploy scalable applications on the Salesforce Lightning Platform using the latest features of Spring '19
- An end-to end-guide with practice tests to help you achieve the Salesforce Platform Developer certification
- Design data models, user interfaces, and business logic for your custom applications
- Understand the complete development life cycle from designing to testing
Salesforce Lightning Platform, used to build enterprise apps, is being increasingly adopted by admins, business analysts, consultants, architects, and especially developers. With this Salesforce certification, you'll be able to enhance your development skills and become a valuable member of your organization.
This certification guide is designed to be completely aligned with the official exam study guide for the latest Salesforce Certified Platform Developer I release and includes updates from Spring '19. Starting with Salesforce fundamentals and performing data modeling and management, you’ll progress to automating logic and processes and working on user interfaces with Salesforce components. Finally, you'll learn how to work with testing frameworks, perform debugging, and deploy metadata, and get to grips with useful tips and tricks. Each chapter concludes with sample questions that are commonly found in the exam, and the book wraps up with mock tests to help you prepare for the DEV501 certification exam.
By the end of the book, you’ll be ready to take the exam and earn your Salesforce Certified Platform Developer I certification.
What you will learn
- Solve sample questions and mock tests and work with exam patterns
- Gain an understanding of declarative Salesforce tools such as Process Builder, flows, and many more
- Code in Salesforce using the Developer Console and IDEs
- Grasp the basics of object-oriented programming
- Write Apex classes, Visualforce pages, and Apex test classes with easy-to-follow steps
- Explore the different deployment tools that you can use to push metadata to different environments
- Build custom declarative apps and programs on Force.com platforms
Who this book is for
The Salesforce Platform Developer I Certification Guide is for you if you want to learn how to develop and deploy business logic and user interfaces using the capabilities of the Lightning Platform. No prior knowledge of Apex programming is required.
Founded in 2004 in Birmingham, UK, Packt's mission is to help the world put software to work in new ways, through the delivery of effective learning and information services to IT professionals.
Working towards that vision, we have published over 6,500 books and videos so far, providing IT professionals with the actionable knowledge they need to get the job done - whether that's specific learning on an emerging technology or optimizing key skills in more established tools.
As part of our mission, we have also awarded over $1,000,000 through our Open Source Project Royalty scheme, helping numerous projects become household names along the way.
Our students work
with the Best
Become a valued member of Tutorials Point and enjoy unlimited access to our vast library of top-rated Video CoursesSubscribe now
Master prominent technologies at full length and become a valued certified professional.Explore Now