Salesforce for Beginners
A step-by-step guide to creating, managing, and automating sales and marketing processes
About the Book
Get a 360-degree view of the Salesforce platform and learn how to use it for sales, service, marketing, and automating business processes.
- Understand how to use core Salesforce objects for maximum efficiency
- Build various dashboards and reports to analyze results and improve visibility in your business processes
- Learn the basics of Salesforce administration and mobile app set up
Salesforce is the world's leading Customer Relationship Management (CRM) software, helping businesses connect with their constituents and partners. This book will give you a comprehensive introduction to managing sales, marketing, customer relationships, and overall administration for your organization. You'll learn how to configure and use Salesforce for maximum efficiency and return on investment.
You'll start by learning how to create activities, manage leads, and develop your prospects and sales pipeline using opportunities and accounts, and then understand how you can enhance marketing activities using campaigns. Packed with real-world business use cases, this Salesforce book will show you how to analyze your business information accurately to make productive decisions. As you advance, you'll get to grips with building various reports and dashboards in Salesforce to derive valuable business insights. Finally, you'll explore tools such as process builder, approval processes, and assignment rules to achieve business process automation and set out on the path to becoming a successful Salesforce Administrator.
By the end of the book, you'll have learned how to use Salesforce effectively to achieve your business goals.
What you will learn
- Understand the difference between Salesforce Lightning and Salesforce Classic
- Create and manage leads in Salesforce
- Explore business development with accounts and contacts in Salesforce
- Find out how stages and sales processes help you manage your opportunity pipeline
- Achieve marketing goals using Salesforce campaigns
- Perform business analysis using reports and dashboards
- Gain a high-level overview of the items in the administration section
- Grasp the different aspects needed to build an effective and flexible Salesforce security model
Who this book is for
If you're new to Salesforce and want to learn it from scratch, this book is for you. No prior knowledge of Salesforce is required to get started with this book.
Founded in 2004 in Birmingham, UK, Packt's mission is to help the world put software to work in new ways, through the delivery of effective learning and information services to IT professionals.
Working towards that vision, we have published over 6,500 books and videos so far, providing IT professionals with the actionable knowledge they need to get the job done - whether that's specific learning on an emerging technology or optimizing key skills in more established tools.
As part of our mission, we have also awarded over $1,000,000 through our Open Source Project Royalty scheme, helping numerous projects become household names along the way.
Our students work
with the Best
Become a valued member of Tutorials Point and enjoy unlimited access to our vast library of top-rated Video CoursesSubscribe now
Master prominent technologies at full length and become a valued certified professional.Explore Now