Rust Web Development with Rocket
Rust Web Development with Rocket
About the Book
Explore the world of Rocket-fueled web application development and the power of the Rust programming language
- Discover solutions to the common problems faced while creating web applications with Rocket
- Learn everything about Rust, from structs and crates to generics and debugging
- Combine Rust and Rocket to create, test, and deploy a full-featured web app
Looking for a fast, powerful, and intuitive framework to build web applications? This Rust book will help you kickstart your web development journey and take your Rust programming skills to the next level as you uncover the power of Rocket - a fast, flexible, and fun framework powered by Rust.
Rust Web Development with Rocket wastes no time in getting you up to speed with what Rust is and how to use it. You’ll discover what makes it so productive and reliable, eventually mastering all of the concepts you need to play with the Rocket framework while developing a wide set of web development skills. Throughout this book, you'll be able to walk through a hands-on project, covering everything that goes into making advanced web applications, and get to grips with the ins and outs of Rocket development, including error handling, Rust vectors, and wrappers. You'll also learn how to use synchronous and asynchronous programming to improve application performance and make processing user content easy.
By the end of the book, you'll have answers to all your questions about creating a web application using the Rust language and the Rocket web framework.
What you will learn
- Master the basics of Rust, such as its syntax, packages, and tools
- Get to grips with Rocket's tooling and ecosystem
- Extend your Rocket applications using Rust and third-party libraries
- Create a full-fledged web app with Rocket that handles user content
- Write pattern-matching logic and handle Rust object lifetimes
- Use APIs and async programming to make your apps secure and reliable
- Test your Rocket application and deploy it to production
- Containerize and scale your applications for maximum efficiency
Who this book is for
This web development book is for software engineers who want to learn how to use the Rocket framework to build web applications. Although not mandatory, basic knowledge of the Rust programming language will help you understand the topics covered easily.
Founded in 2004 in Birmingham, UK, Packt's mission is to help the world put software to work in new ways, through the delivery of effective learning and information services to IT professionals.
Working towards that vision, we have published over 6,500 books and videos so far, providing IT professionals with the actionable knowledge they need to get the job done - whether that's specific learning on an emerging technology or optimizing key skills in more established tools.
As part of our mission, we have also awarded over $1,000,000 through our Open Source Project Royalty scheme, helping numerous projects become household names along the way.
Our students work
with the Best
Become a valued member of Tutorials Point and enjoy unlimited access to our vast library of top-rated Video CoursesSubscribe now
Master prominent technologies at full length and become a valued certified professional.Explore Now