Robot Operating System Cookbook
Over 70 recipes to help you master advanced ROS concepts
About the Book
This book will leverage the power of ROS with an introduction to its core and advanced concepts through exciting recipes. You will get acquainted with the use of different synchronous and asynchronous communication methods, including messages, services, and actions. You will learn how to use the various debugging and visualization tools used in development and how to interface sensors and actuators with the ROS framework.
Firstly, you will get to grips with ROS simulation frameworks, such as Gazebo and RotorS for modeling and simulating any physical robot and virtual environment. You will also cover mobile robotics, micro-aerial vehicles, and robotic arms, which are the leading branches of robotic applications. Robot Operating System Cookbook will also guide you in the development of an autonomous navigation framework for both mobile robots and micro-aerial vehicles.
Finally, you will explore ROS-Industrial, an open source project that extends the advanced capabilities of ROS software to manufacturing industries.
- Delve into an open source, meta-operating system for your robot
- Get acquainted with tools and libraries for building and running code on multiple platforms
- Use Gazebo to model your robot and create a virtual environment
- Explore advanced concepts, such as ROS pluginlib, nodelets, and actionlib
- Work with ROS visualization, profiling, and debugging tools
- Gain experience in robot modeling and simulation using Gazebo
- Understand the ROS Navigation Stack for mobile robots
- Configure a MoveIt! package for a manipulator robot
- Develop an autonomous navigation framework for MAV using ORB SLAM and MoveIt
- Integrate sensors, actuators, and robots into the ROS ecosystem
- Get acquainted with the ROS-Industrial package with hardware support, capabilities, and applications
Founded in 2004 in Birmingham, UK, Packt's mission is to help the world put software to work in new ways, through the delivery of effective learning and information services to IT professionals.
Working towards that vision, we have published over 6,500 books and videos so far, providing IT professionals with the actionable knowledge they need to get the job done - whether that's specific learning on an emerging technology or optimizing key skills in more established tools.
As part of our mission, we have also awarded over $1,000,000 through our Open Source Project Royalty scheme, helping numerous projects become household names along the way.
Our students work
with the Best
Become a valued member of Tutorials Point and enjoy unlimited access to our vast library of top-rated Video CoursesSubscribe now
Master prominent technologies at full length and become a valued certified professional.Explore Now