Keeping your code healthy
About the Book
Discover various techniques to develop maintainable code and keep it in shape.
- Learn all about refactoring - why it is important and how to do it
- Discover easy ways to refactor code with examples
- Explore techniques that can be applied to most other programming languages
Refactoring improves your code without changing its behavior. With refactoring, the best approach is to apply small targeted changes to a codebase. Instead of doing a huge sweeping change to your code, refactoring is better as a long-term and continuous enterprise. Refactoring TypeScript explains how to spot bugs and remove them from your code.
You’ll start by seeing how wordy conditionals, methods, and null checks make code unhealthy and unstable. Whether it is identifying messy nested conditionals or removing unnecessary methods, this book will show various techniques to avoid these pitfalls and write code that is easier to understand, maintain, and test.
By the end of the book, you’ll have learned some of the main causes of unhealthy code, tips to identify them and techniques to address them.
What you will learn
- Spot and fix common code smells to create code that is easier to read and understand
- Discover ways to identify long methods and refactor them
- Create objects that keep your code flexible, maintainable, and testable
- Apply the Single Responsibility Principle to develop less-coupled code
- Discover how to combine different refactoring techniques
- Learn ways to solve the issues caused by overusing primitives
Who this book is for
Founded in 2004 in Birmingham, UK, Packt's mission is to help the world put software to work in new ways, through the delivery of effective learning and information services to IT professionals.
Working towards that vision, we have published over 6,500 books and videos so far, providing IT professionals with the actionable knowledge they need to get the job done - whether that's specific learning on an emerging technology or optimizing key skills in more established tools.
As part of our mission, we have also awarded over $1,000,000 through our Open Source Project Royalty scheme, helping numerous projects become household names along the way.
Our students work
with the Best
Become a valued member of Tutorials Point and enjoy unlimited access to our vast library of top-rated Video CoursesSubscribe now
Master prominent technologies at full length and become a valued certified professional.Explore Now