React Design Patterns and Best Practices Second Edition
Design, build and deploy production-ready web applications using standard industry practices
About the Book
Build modular React web apps that are scalable, maintainable and powerful using design patterns and insightful practices
- Get familiar with design patterns in React like Render props and Controlled/uncontrolled inputs
- Learn about class/ functional, style and high order components with React
- Work through examples that can be used to create reusable code and extensible designs
You’ll get started by understanding the internals of React, in addition to covering Babel 7 and Create React App 2.0, which will help you write clean and maintainable code. To build on your skills, you will focus on concepts such as class components, stateless components, and pure components. You'll learn about new React features, such as the context API and React Hooks that will enable you to build components, which will be reusable across your applications. The book will then provide insights into the techniques of styling React components and optimizing them to make applications faster and more responsive. In the concluding chapters, you’ll discover ways to write tests more effectively and learn how to contribute to React and its ecosystem.
By the end of this book, you will be equipped with the skills you need to tackle any developmental setbacks when working with React. You’ll be able to make your applications more flexible, efficient, and easy to maintain, thereby giving your workflow a boost when it comes to speed, without reducing quality.
What you will learn
- Get familiar with the new React features,like context API and React Hooks
- Learn the techniques of styling and optimizing React components
- Make components communicate with each other by applying consolidate patterns
- Use server-side rendering to make applications load faster
- Write a comprehensive set of tests to create robust and maintainable code
- Build high-performing applications by optimizing components
Who this book is for
Founded in 2004 in Birmingham, UK, Packt's mission is to help the world put software to work in new ways, through the delivery of effective learning and information services to IT professionals.
Working towards that vision, we have published over 6,500 books and videos so far, providing IT professionals with the actionable knowledge they need to get the job done - whether that's specific learning on an emerging technology or optimizing key skills in more established tools.
As part of our mission, we have also awarded over $1,000,000 through our Open Source Project Royalty scheme, helping numerous projects become household names along the way.
Our students work
with the Best
Master prominent technologies at full length and become a valued certified professional.Explore Now