Raspberry Pi Computer Architecture Essentials
Explore Raspberry Pi's architecture through innovative and fun projects
About the Book
With the release of the Raspberry Pi 2, a new series of the popular compact computer is available for you to build cheap, exciting projects and learn about programming.
In this book, we explore Raspberry Pi 2’s hardware through a number of projects in a variety of programming languages. We will start by exploring the various hardware components in detail, which will provide a base for the programming projects and guide you through setting up the tools for Assembler, C/C++, and Python. We will then learn how to write multi-threaded applications and Raspberry Pi 2’s multi-core processor. Moving on, you’ll get hands on by expanding the storage options of the Raspberry Pi beyond the SD card and interacting with the graphics hardware. Furthermore, you will be introduced to the basics of sound programming while expanding upon your knowledge of Python to build a web server. Finally, you will learn to interact with the third-party microcontrollers.
From writing your first Assembly Language application to programming graphics, this title guides you through the essentials.
- Explore Raspberry Pi 2’s hardware through the Assembly, C/C++, and Python programming languages
- Experiment with connecting electronics up to your Raspberry Pi 2 and interacting with them through software
- Learn about the Raspberry Pi 2 architecture and Raspbian operating system through innovative projects
- Set up your Raspberry Pi 2 and learn about its hardware
- Write basic programs in Assembly Language to learn about the ARM architecture
- Use C and C++ to interact with electronic components
- Find out about the Python language and how to use it to build web applications
- Interact with third-party microcontrollers
- Experiment with graphics and audio programming
- Expand Raspberry Pi 2’s storage mechanism by using external devices
- Discover Raspberry Pi 2’s GPIO pins and how to interact with them
Founded in 2004 in Birmingham, UK, Packt's mission is to help the world put software to work in new ways, through the delivery of effective learning and information services to IT professionals.
Working towards that vision, we have published over 6,500 books and videos so far, providing IT professionals with the actionable knowledge they need to get the job done - whether that's specific learning on an emerging technology or optimizing key skills in more established tools.
As part of our mission, we have also awarded over $1,000,000 through our Open Source Project Royalty scheme, helping numerous projects become household names along the way.
Our students work
with the Best
Become a valued member of Tutorials Point and enjoy unlimited access to our vast library of top-rated Video CoursesSubscribe now
Master prominent technologies at full length and become a valued certified professional.Explore Now