Professional SQL Server High Availability and Disaster Recovery
Implement tried-and-true high availability and disaster recovery solutions with SQL Server
About the Book
Leverage powerful features of the SQL Server and watch your infrastructure transform into a high-performing, reliable network of systems.
- Explore more than 20 real-world use cases to understand SQL Server features
- Get to grips with the SQL Server Always On technology
- Learn how to choose HA and DR topologies for your system
Professional SQL Server High Availability and Disaster Recovery explains the high availability and disaster recovery technologies available in SQL Server: Replication, AlwaysOn, and Log Shipping. You’ll learn what they are, how to monitor them, and how to troubleshoot any related problems. You will be introduced to the availability groups of AlwaysOn and learn how to configure them to extend your database mirroring. Through this book, you will be able to explore the technical implementations of high availability and disaster recovery technologies that you can use when you create a highly available infrastructure, including hybrid topologies. Note that this course does not cover SQL Server Failover Cluster Installation with shared storage.
By the end of the book, you’ll be equipped with all that you need to know to develop robust and high performance infrastructure.
What you will learn
- Configure and troubleshoot Replication, AlwaysOn, and Log Shipping
- Study the best practices to implement HA and DR solutions
- Design HA and DR topologies for the SQL Server and study how to choose a topology for your environment
- Use T-SQL to configure replication, AlwaysOn, and log shipping
- Migrate from On-Premise SQL Server to Azure SQL Database
- Manage and maintain AlwaysOn availability groups for extended database mirroring
Who this book is for
Professional SQL Server High Availability and Disaster Recovery is for you if you are a database administrator or database developer who wants to improve the performance of your production environment. Prior experience of working with SQL Server will help you get the most out of this book.
Founded in 2004 in Birmingham, UK, Packt's mission is to help the world put software to work in new ways, through the delivery of effective learning and information services to IT professionals.
Working towards that vision, we have published over 6,500 books and videos so far, providing IT professionals with the actionable knowledge they need to get the job done - whether that's specific learning on an emerging technology or optimizing key skills in more established tools.
As part of our mission, we have also awarded over $1,000,000 through our Open Source Project Royalty scheme, helping numerous projects become household names along the way.
Our students work
with the Best
Become a valued member of Tutorials Point and enjoy unlimited access to our vast library of top-rated Video CoursesSubscribe now
Master prominent technologies at full length and become a valued certified professional.Explore Now