Principles of Strategic Data Science
Creating value from data, big and small
About the Book
Take the strategic and systematic approach to analyze data to solve business problems
- Gain detailed information about the theory of data science
- Augment your coding knowledge with practical data science techniques for efficient data analysis
- Learn practical ways to strategically and systematically use data
Principles of Strategic Data Science is created to help you join the dots between mathematics, programming, and business analysis.
With a unique approach that bridges the gap between mathematics and computer science, this book takes you through the entire data science pipeline. The book begins by explaining what data science is and how organizations can use it to revolutionize the way they use their data. It then discusses the criteria for the soundness of data products and how to best visualize information. As you progress, you’ll discover the strategic aspects of data science by learning the five-phase framework that enables you to enhance the value you extract from data. The final chapter of the book discusses the role of a data science manager in helping an organization take the data-driven approach.
By the end of this book, you’ll have a good understanding of data science and how it can enable you to extract value from your data.
What you will learn
- Get familiar with the five most important steps of data science
- Use the Conway diagram to visualize the technical skills of the data science team
- Understand the limitations of data science from a mathematical and ethical perspective
- Get a quick overview of machine learning
- Gain insight into the purpose of using data science in your work
- Understand the role of data science managers and their expectations
Who this book is for
This book is ideal for data scientists and data analysts who are looking for a practical guide to strategically and systematically use data. This book is also useful for those who want to understand in detail what is data science and how can an organization take the data-driven approach. Prior programming knowledge of Python and R is assumed.
Founded in 2004 in Birmingham, UK, Packt's mission is to help the world put software to work in new ways, through the delivery of effective learning and information services to IT professionals.
Working towards that vision, we have published over 6,500 books and videos so far, providing IT professionals with the actionable knowledge they need to get the job done - whether that's specific learning on an emerging technology or optimizing key skills in more established tools.
As part of our mission, we have also awarded over $1,000,000 through our Open Source Project Royalty scheme, helping numerous projects become household names along the way.
Our students work
with the Best
Become a valued member of Tutorials Point and enjoy unlimited access to our vast library of top-rated Video CoursesSubscribe now
Master prominent technologies at full length and become a valued certified professional.Explore Now