Principles of Data Science
Understand, analyze, and predict data using Machine Learning concepts and tools
About the Book
Need to turn your skills at programming into effective data science skills? Principles of Data Science is created to help you join the dots between mathematics, programming, and business analysis. With this book, you’ll feel confident about asking—and answering—complex and sophisticated questions of your data to move from abstract and raw statistics to actionable ideas.
With a unique approach that bridges the gap between mathematics and computer science, this books takes you through the entire data science pipeline. Beginning with cleaning and preparing data, and effective data mining strategies and techniques, you’ll move on to build a comprehensive picture of how every piece of the data science puzzle fits together. Learn the fundamentals of computational mathematics and statistics, as well as some pseudocode being used today by data scientists and analysts. You’ll get to grips with machine learning, discover the statistical models that help you take control and navigate even the densest datasets, and find out how to create powerful visualizations that communicate what your data means.
- Enhance your knowledge of coding with data science theory for practical insight into data science and analysis
- More than just a math class, learn how to perform real-world data science tasks with R and Python
- Create actionable insights and transform raw data into tangible value
- Get to know the five most important steps of data science
- Use your data intelligently and learn how to handle it with care
- Bridge the gap between mathematics and programming
- Learn about probability, calculus, and how to use statistical models to control and clean your data and drive actionable results
- Build and evaluate baseline machine learning models
- Explore the most effective metrics to determine the success of your machine learning models
- Create data visualizations that communicate actionable insights
- Read and apply machine learning concepts to your problems and make actual predictions
Founded in 2004 in Birmingham, UK, Packt's mission is to help the world put software to work in new ways, through the delivery of effective learning and information services to IT professionals.
Working towards that vision, we have published over 6,500 books and videos so far, providing IT professionals with the actionable knowledge they need to get the job done - whether that's specific learning on an emerging technology or optimizing key skills in more established tools.
As part of our mission, we have also awarded over $1,000,000 through our Open Source Project Royalty scheme, helping numerous projects become household names along the way.
Our students work
with the Best
Become a valued member of Tutorials Point and enjoy unlimited access to our vast library of top-rated Video CoursesSubscribe now
Master prominent technologies at full length and become a valued certified professional.Explore Now