Practical C Programming
Solutions for modern C developers to create efficient and well-structured programs
About the Book
A comprehensive guide with practical instructions for learning data structures, low-level programming, high-performance computing, networking and IoT to help you understand the latest standards in C programming such as C11 and C18
- Tackle various challenges in C programming by making the most of its latest features
- Understand the workings of arrays, strings, functions, pointers, advanced data structures, and algorithms
- Become well-versed with process synchronization during multitasking and server-client process communication
Used in everything from microcontrollers to operating systems, C is a popular programming language among developers because of its flexibility and versatility. This book helps you get hands-on with various tasks, covering the fundamental as well as complex C programming concepts that are essential for making real-life applications.
You’ll start with recipes for arrays, strings, user-defined functions, and pre-processing directives. Once you’re familiar with the basic features, you’ll gradually move on to learning pointers, file handling, concurrency, networking, and inter-process communication (IPC). The book then illustrates how to carry out searching and arrange data using different sorting techniques, before demonstrating the implementation of data structures such as stacks and queues. Later, you’ll learn interesting programming features such as using graphics for drawing and animation, and the application of general-purpose utilities. Finally, the book will take you through advanced concepts such as low-level programming, embedded software, IoT, and security in coding, as well as techniques for improving code performance.
By the end of this book, you'll have a clear understanding of C programming, and have the skills you need to develop robust apps.
What you will learn
- Discover how to use arrays, functions, and strings to make large applications
- Perform preprocessing and conditional compilation for efficient programming
- Understand how to use pointers and memory optimally
- Use general-purpose utilities and improve code performance
- Implement multitasking using threads and process synchronization
- Use low-level programming and the inline assembly language
- Understand how to use graphics for animation
- Get to grips with applying security while developing C programs
Who this book is for
This intermediate-level book is for developers who want to become better C programmers by learning its modern features and programming practices. Familiarity with C programming is assumed to get the most out of this book.
Founded in 2004 in Birmingham, UK, Packt's mission is to help the world put software to work in new ways, through the delivery of effective learning and information services to IT professionals.
Working towards that vision, we have published over 6,500 books and videos so far, providing IT professionals with the actionable knowledge they need to get the job done - whether that's specific learning on an emerging technology or optimizing key skills in more established tools.
As part of our mission, we have also awarded over $1,000,000 through our Open Source Project Royalty scheme, helping numerous projects become household names along the way.
Our students work
with the Best
Become a valued member of Tutorials Point and enjoy unlimited access to our vast library of top-rated Video CoursesSubscribe now
Master prominent technologies at full length and become a valued certified professional.Explore Now