PowerShell Core for Linux Administrators Cookbook
Use PowerShell Core 6.x on Linux to automate complex, repetitive, and time-consuming tasks
About the Book
Over 150 recipes to leverage Microsoft's open source automation framework and command line shell
- Work effectively on Windows, Linux, and macOS with PowerShell’s object-oriented approach and capabilities
- Handle structured data seamlessly without the need for manual parsing
- Enhance your native Linux capabilities with PowerShell Core 6.1
PowerShell Core, the open source, cross-platform that is based on the open source, cross-platform .NET Core, is not a shell that came out by accident; it was intentionally created to be versatile and easy to learn at the same time. PowerShell Core enables automation on systems ranging from the Raspberry Pi to the cloud.
PowerShell Core for Linux Administrators Cookbook uses simple, real-world examples that teach you how to use PowerShell to effectively administer your environment. As you make your way through the book, you will cover interesting recipes on how PowerShell Core can be used to quickly automate complex, repetitive, and time-consuming tasks. In the concluding chapters, you will learn how to develop scripts to automate tasks that involve systems and enterprise management.
By the end of this book, you will have learned about the automation capabilities of PowerShell Core, including remote management using OpenSSH, cross-platform enterprise management, working with Docker containers, and managing SQL databases.
What you will learn
- Leverage the object model of the shell, which is based on .NET Core
- Administer computers locally as well as remotely using PowerShell over OpenSSH
- Get to grips with advanced concepts of PowerShell functions
- Use PowerShell for administration on the cloud
- Know the best practices pertaining to PowerShell scripts and functions
- Exploit the cross-platform capabilities of PowerShell to manage scheduled jobs, Docker containers and SQL Databases
Who this book is for
PowerShell Core for Linux Administrators Cookbook is for you if you are a system administrator who wants to learn to control and automate a Linux environment with PowerShell Core 6.1. Basic knowledge of PowerShell scripting is necessary. It is assumed that you already understand how an operating system is structured and how to use the command-line interface to work with the operating system.
Founded in 2004 in Birmingham, UK, Packt's mission is to help the world put software to work in new ways, through the delivery of effective learning and information services to IT professionals.
Working towards that vision, we have published over 6,500 books and videos so far, providing IT professionals with the actionable knowledge they need to get the job done - whether that's specific learning on an emerging technology or optimizing key skills in more established tools.
As part of our mission, we have also awarded over $1,000,000 through our Open Source Project Royalty scheme, helping numerous projects become household names along the way.
Our students work
with the Best
Become a valued member of Tutorials Point and enjoy unlimited access to our vast library of top-rated Video CoursesSubscribe now
Master prominent technologies at full length and become a valued certified professional.Explore Now