MySQL 8 Cookbook
Over 150 recipes for high-performance database querying and administration
About the Book
Design and administer enterprise-grade MySQL 8 solutions
About This Book
- Store, retrieve, and manipulate your data using the latest MySQL 8 features
- Practical recipes on effective administration in MySQL, with a focus on security, performance tuning, troubleshooting, and more
- Contains tips, tricks, and best practices for designing, developing, and administering your MySQL 8 database solution without any hassle
Who This Book Is For
If you are a MySQL developer or administrator looking for quick, handy solutions to solve the most common and not-so-common problems in MySQL, this book is for you. MySQL DBAs looking to get up-to-speed with the latest MySQL 8 development and administration features will also find this book very useful. Prior knowledge of Linux and RDBMS is desirable.
What You Will Learn
- Install and configure your MySQL 8 instance without any hassle
- Get to grips with new features of MySQL 8 like CTE, Window functions and many more
- Perform backup tasks, recover data and set up various replication topologies for your database
- Maximize performance by using new features of MySQL 8 like descending indexes, controlling query optimizer and resource groups
- Learn how to use general table space to suit the SaaS or multi-tenant applications
- Analyze slow queries using performance schema, sys schema and third party tools
- Manage and monitor your MySQL instance and implement efficient performance-tuning tasks
MySQL is one of the most popular and widely used relational databases in the World today. The recently released MySQL 8 version promises to be better and more efficient than ever before.
This book contains everything you need to know to be the go-to person in your organization when it comes to MySQL. Starting with a quick installation and configuration of your MySQL instance, the book quickly jumps into the querying aspects of MySQL. It shows you the newest improvements in MySQL 8 and gives you hands-on experience in managing high-transaction and real-time datasets. If you've already worked with MySQL before and are looking to migrate your application to MySQL 8, this book will also show you how to do that. The book also contains recipes on efficient MySQL administration, with tips on effective user management, data recovery, security, database monitoring, performance tuning, troubleshooting, and more.
With quick solutions to common and not-so-common problems you might encounter while working with MySQL 8, the book contains practical tips and tricks to give you the edge over others in designing, developing, and administering your database effectively.
Style and approach
This book takes a recipe-based approach to tackling the pain points of SQL developers. It is a comprehensive book full of solutions to common problems faced by SQL administrators and developers alike.
Founded in 2004 in Birmingham, UK, Packt's mission is to help the world put software to work in new ways, through the delivery of effective learning and information services to IT professionals.
Working towards that vision, we have published over 6,500 books and videos so far, providing IT professionals with the actionable knowledge they need to get the job done - whether that's specific learning on an emerging technology or optimizing key skills in more established tools.
As part of our mission, we have also awarded over $1,000,000 through our Open Source Project Royalty scheme, helping numerous projects become household names along the way.
Our students work
with the Best
Become a valued member of Tutorials Point and enjoy unlimited access to our vast library of top-rated Video CoursesSubscribe now
Master prominent technologies at full length and become a valued certified professional.Explore Now