Modern Computer Vision with PyTorch
Explore deep learning concepts and implement over 50 real-world image applications
About the Book
Get to grips with deep learning techniques for building image processing applications using PyTorch with the help of code notebooks and test questions
- Implement solutions to 50 real-world computer vision applications using PyTorch
- Understand the theory and working mechanisms of neural network architectures and their implementation
- Discover best practices using a custom library created especially for this book
Deep learning is the driving force behind many recent advances in various computer vision (CV) applications. This book takes a hands-on approach to help you to solve over 50 CV problems using PyTorch1.x on real-world datasets.
You’ll start by building a neural network (NN) from scratch using NumPy and PyTorch and discover best practices for tweaking its hyperparameters. You’ll then perform image classification using convolutional neural networks and transfer learning and understand how they work. As you progress, you’ll implement multiple use cases of 2D and 3D multi-object detection, segmentation, human-pose-estimation by learning about the R-CNN family, SSD, YOLO, U-Net architectures, and the Detectron2 platform. The book will also guide you in performing facial expression swapping, generating new faces, and manipulating facial expressions as you explore autoencoders and modern generative adversarial networks. You’ll learn how to combine CV with NLP techniques, such as LSTM and transformer, and RL techniques, such as Deep Q-learning, to implement OCR, image captioning, object detection, and a self-driving car agent. Finally, you'll move your NN model to production on the AWS Cloud.
By the end of this book, you’ll be able to leverage modern NN architectures to solve over 50 real-world CV problems confidently.
What you will learn
- Train a NN from scratch with NumPy and PyTorch
- Implement 2D and 3D multi-object detection and segmentation
- Generate digits and DeepFakes with autoencoders and advanced GANs
- Manipulate images using CycleGAN, Pix2PixGAN, StyleGAN2, and SRGAN
- Combine CV with NLP to perform OCR, image captioning, and object detection
- Combine CV with reinforcement learning to build agents that play pong and self-drive a car
- Deploy a deep learning model on the AWS server using FastAPI and Docker
- Implement over 35 NN architectures and common OpenCV utilities
Who this book is for
This book is for beginners to PyTorch and intermediate-level machine learning practitioners who are looking to get well-versed with computer vision techniques using deep learning and PyTorch. If you are just getting started with neural networks, you’ll find the use cases accompanied by notebooks in GitHub present in this book useful. Basic knowledge of the Python programming language and machine learning is all you need to get started with this book.
Founded in 2004 in Birmingham, UK, Packt's mission is to help the world put software to work in new ways, through the delivery of effective learning and information services to IT professionals.
Working towards that vision, we have published over 6,500 books and videos so far, providing IT professionals with the actionable knowledge they need to get the job done - whether that's specific learning on an emerging technology or optimizing key skills in more established tools.
As part of our mission, we have also awarded over $1,000,000 through our Open Source Project Royalty scheme, helping numerous projects become household names along the way.
Our students work
with the Best
Become a valued member of Tutorials Point and enjoy unlimited access to our vast library of top-rated Video CoursesSubscribe now
Master prominent technologies at full length and become a valued certified professional.Explore Now