Microsoft Power Platform Functional Consultant: PL-200 Exam Guide
Learn how to customize and configure Microsoft Power Platform and prepare for the PL-200 exam
About the Book
Get up to speed with expert tips, techniques, and the latest insights to confidently take the PL-200 exam
- Learn effectively with the help of self-assessment questions, mock tests, and detailed explanations in this up-to-date study guide
- Address the challenges faced by a functional consultant in day-to-day activities
- Understand how to configure, customize, and implement solutions based on Power Platform
The Power Platform Functional Consultant Associate (PL-200) exam tests and validates the practical skills of Power Platform users who are proficient in developing solutions by combining the tools in Power Platform and the Microsoft 365 ecosystem based on business needs.
This certification guide offers complete, up-to-date coverage of the PL-200 exam so you can prepare effectively for the exam. Written in a clear, succinct way with self-assessment questions, exam tips, and mock exams with detailed explanations of solutions, this book covers common day-to-day activities involved in configuring Power Platform, such as managing entities, creating apps, implementing security, and managing system change.
You'll also explore the role of a functional consultant in creating a data model in the Microsoft Dataverse (formerly Common Data Service). Moving ahead, you'll learn how to design the user experience and even build model-driven and canvas apps. As you progress, the book will show you how to manage automation and create chatbots. Finally, you'll understand how to display your data with Power BI and integrate Power Platform with Microsoft 365 and Microsoft Teams.
By the end of this book, you'll be well-versed with the essential concepts and techniques required to prepare for the PL-200 certification exam.
What you will learn
- Understand how to build apps that meet customer needs
- Extend the schema for Dataverse with entities, fields, and relationships
- Create and configure automations to simplify user activities
- Explore various security features in Power Platform and learn how to implement them
- Use multiple data sources to create task- or role-based web and mobile applications for users
- Automate business processes and enhance the user experience with Power Automate and UI Flows
- Integrate various applications within the Microsoft ecosystem with Power Platform
Who this book is for
This book is for functional consultants and business analysts who are involved in implementing solutions based on Power Platform or Dynamics 365. As the PL-200 exam is a pre-requisite for other role-based certifications in Power Platform and Microsoft Dynamics 365, individuals pursuing their careers in these domains will also find this book helpful. Basic knowledge of Power Platform and access to a Power Platform environment are required to get started with this book.
Founded in 2004 in Birmingham, UK, Packt's mission is to help the world put software to work in new ways, through the delivery of effective learning and information services to IT professionals.
Working towards that vision, we have published over 6,500 books and videos so far, providing IT professionals with the actionable knowledge they need to get the job done - whether that's specific learning on an emerging technology or optimizing key skills in more established tools.
As part of our mission, we have also awarded over $1,000,000 through our Open Source Project Royalty scheme, helping numerous projects become household names along the way.
Our students work
with the Best
Become a valued member of Tutorials Point and enjoy unlimited access to our vast library of top-rated Video CoursesSubscribe now
Master prominent technologies at full length and become a valued certified professional.Explore Now