Matplotlib for Python Developers
Effective techniques for data visualization with Python
About the Book
Leverage the power of Matplotlib to visualize and understand your data more effectively
- Perform effective data visualization with Matplotlib and get actionable insights from your data
- Design attractive graphs, charts, and 2D plots, and deploy them to the web
- Get the most out of Matplotlib in this practical guide with updated code and examples
Python is a general-purpose programming language increasingly being used for data analysis and visualization. Matplotlib is a popular data visualization package in Python used to design effective plots and graphs. This is a practical, hands-on resource to help you visualize data with Python using the Matplotlib library.
Matplotlib for Python Developers, Second Edition shows you how to create attractive graphs, charts, and plots using Matplotlib. You will also get a quick introduction to third-party packages, Seaborn, Pandas, Basemap, and Geopandas, and learn how to use them with Matplotlib. After that, you’ll embed and customize your plots in third-party tools such as GTK+3, Qt 5, and wxWidgets. You’ll also be able to tweak the look and feel of your visualization with the help of practical examples provided in this book. Further on, you’ll explore Matplotlib 2.1.x on the web, from a cloud-based platform using third-party packages such as Django. Finally, you will integrate interactive, real-time visualization techniques into your current workflow with the help of practical real-world examples.
By the end of this book, you’ll be thoroughly comfortable with using the popular Python data visualization library Matplotlib 2.1.x and leveraging its power to build attractive, insightful, and powerful visualizations.
What you will learn
- Create 2D and 3D static plots such as bar charts, heat maps, and scatter plots
- Get acquainted with GTK+3, Qt5, and wxWidgets to understand the UI backend of Matplotlib
- Develop advanced static plots with third-party packages such as Pandas, GeoPandas, and Seaborn
- Create interactive plots with real-time updates
- Develop web-based, Matplotlib-powered graph visualizations with third-party packages such as Django
- Write data visualization code that is readily expandable on the cloud platform
Who This Book Is For
This book is essentially for anyone who wants to create intuitive data visualizations using the Matplotlib library. If you’re a data scientist or analyst and wish to create attractive visualizations using Python, you’ll find this book useful. Some knowledge of Python programming is all you need to get started.
Table of Contents
- Introduction to Matplotlib
- Getting Started with Matplotlib
- Decorate Graphs with Plot Styles and Types
- Advanced Matplotlib
- Embedding Matplotlib in GTK+3
- Embedding Matplotlib in Qt 5
- Embedding Matplotlib in wxWidgets using wxPython
- Integrating Matplotlib to web applications
- Matplotlib in the Real World
- Integrating interactive, real-time visualization technique into your current workflow
Founded in 2004 in Birmingham, UK, Packt's mission is to help the world put software to work in new ways, through the delivery of effective learning and information services to IT professionals.
Working towards that vision, we have published over 6,500 books and videos so far, providing IT professionals with the actionable knowledge they need to get the job done - whether that's specific learning on an emerging technology or optimizing key skills in more established tools.
As part of our mission, we have also awarded over $1,000,000 through our Open Source Project Royalty scheme, helping numerous projects become household names along the way.
Our students work
with the Best
Become a valued member of Tutorials Point and enjoy unlimited access to our vast library of top-rated Video CoursesSubscribe now
Master prominent technologies at full length and become a valued certified professional.Explore Now