Mastering Veeam Backup & Replication
Mastering Veeam Backup & Replication
About the Book
Protect your cloud, virtual, and on-premises environments by implementing Veeam’s powerful backup and replication technology
- Gain in-depth knowledge of CDP and hardened repositories that you can use in your virtual environment
- Explore Veeam’s monitoring and reporting utility - Veeam ONE - along with Linux proxy enhancements
- Work with the new Veeam Disaster Recovery Orchestrator (Orchestrator) for testing failovers and backups
Veeam is one of the leading modern data protection solutions, making it a necessary skill for anyone responsible for securing virtual environments. This revised second edition of Mastering Veeam Backup & Replication is updated to cover Veeam version 11. The book guides you through implementing modern data protection solutions for your cloud and virtual infrastructure with Veeam, all while helping you master advanced concepts such as Continuous Data Protection (CDP), extended object storage support, Veeam ONE enhancements, and Orchestrator.
Starting with Veeam essentials, including installation, best practices, and optimizations for Veeam Backup & Replication, you'll get to grips with the 3-2-1-1-0 rule to safeguard data. You'll understand how to set up a backup server, proxies, repositories, and more and then advance to cover a powerful feature of Veeam 11 – CDP. As you progress, you'll learn about immutability (also known as hardened repositories) and discover the best practices for creating them. Finally, you'll explore the new proxy option available in Linux and become well-versed with advanced topics such as extended object storage support, Veeam ONE enhancements, and Orchestrator.
By the end of this Veeam book, you'll be able to implement Veeam Backup & Replication for securing your environment and enabling disaster recovery.
What you will learn
- Discover the advanced concepts of Veeam Backup & Replication 11
- Master application optimization based on Veeam best practices
- Get to grips with configuring CDP and working with repositories and proxies
- Explore ways to protect your backups with immutable hardened repositories
- Understand the enhancements to backups, instant recovery, and Linux proxies
- Explore Veeam ONE enhancements
- Become well-versed in using Veeam Disaster Recovery Orchestrator
Who this book is for
This Veeam backup book is for IT professionals who have intermediate to advanced-level knowledge of virtualization as well as backups and backup applications. Anyone who needs a reference guide for learning the advanced features of Veeam Backup & Replication and how they are used, including best practices and optimizations, will also find this book useful.
Founded in 2004 in Birmingham, UK, Packt's mission is to help the world put software to work in new ways, through the delivery of effective learning and information services to IT professionals.
Working towards that vision, we have published over 6,500 books and videos so far, providing IT professionals with the actionable knowledge they need to get the job done - whether that's specific learning on an emerging technology or optimizing key skills in more established tools.
As part of our mission, we have also awarded over $1,000,000 through our Open Source Project Royalty scheme, helping numerous projects become household names along the way.
Our students work
with the Best
Become a valued member of Tutorials Point and enjoy unlimited access to our vast library of top-rated Video CoursesSubscribe now
Master prominent technologies at full length and become a valued certified professional.Explore Now