Mastering Veeam Backup & Replication 10
Protect your virtual environment and implement cloud backup using Veeam technology
About the Book
Gain proficiency in monitoring infrastructure along with focusing on cloud backup and recovery
- Explore the 3-2-1 rule of backups in Veeam to keep your data safe
- Gain in-depth knowledge of NAS backups and Scale-Out Repositories to use in your virtual environment
- Discover Veeam’s monitoring and reporting utility - Veeam ONE - along with Linux and Window’s proxy
Veeam is one of the leading modern data protection solutions, and mastering this technology can help you to protect your virtual environments effectively. This book guides you through implementing modern data protection solutions for your cloud and virtual infrastructure with Veeam. You will even gain in-depth knowledge of advanced concepts such as DataLabs, cloud backup and recovery, Instant VM Recovery, and Veeam ONE.
This book starts by taking you through Veeam essentials, including installation, best practices, and optimizations for Veeam Backup & Replication. You'll get to grips with the 3-2-1 rule to safeguard data along with understanding how to set up a backup server, proxies, repositories, and more. Later chapters go on to cover a powerful feature of Veeam 10 – NAS backup. As you progress, you'll learn about scale-out Repositories and best practices for creating them. In the concluding chapters, you'll explore the new proxy option available in both Linux and Windows. Finally, you'll discover advanced topics such as DataLabs, cloud backup and recovery, Instant VM Recovery, and Veeam ONE.
By the end of this book, you will be equipped with the skills you need to implement Veeam Backup & Replication for your environment and disaster recovery.
What you will learn
- Discover the advanced concepts of Veeam Backup & Replication 10
- Master application optimizations based on Veeam best practices
- Understand how to configure NAS backups and work with repositories and proxies
- Explore different ways to protect your backups, including object immutability and cloud backup and recovery
- Discover how DataLabs works
- Understand how Instant VM Recovery allows you to restore virtual machines
- Become well versed in Veeam ONE for monitoring and reporting on your environment
Who this book is for
This Veeam backup book is for IT professionals who have intermediate to advanced-level knowledge of virtualization as well as backups and backup applications. Anyone who needs a reference guide for learning the advanced features of Veeam Backup & Replication and how they are used, including best practices and optimizations, will also find this book useful.
Founded in 2004 in Birmingham, UK, Packt's mission is to help the world put software to work in new ways, through the delivery of effective learning and information services to IT professionals.
Working towards that vision, we have published over 6,500 books and videos so far, providing IT professionals with the actionable knowledge they need to get the job done - whether that's specific learning on an emerging technology or optimizing key skills in more established tools.
As part of our mission, we have also awarded over $1,000,000 through our Open Source Project Royalty scheme, helping numerous projects become household names along the way.
Our students work
with the Best
Become a valued member of Tutorials Point and enjoy unlimited access to our vast library of top-rated Video CoursesSubscribe now
Master prominent technologies at full length and become a valued certified professional.Explore Now