Mastering TypeScript - Fourth Edition
About the Book
Learn all you need to know to work with TypeScript, explore modern web application frameworks, and build modular systems using industry standard architectural principles and design patterns
- Explore TypeScript 4's key elements and advanced language features
- Use TypeScript with modern frameworks such as Angular, Vue, React, RxJS and Node
- Understand TDD, serverless techniques, micro frontends, and other industry-standard best practices to create high-quality and modular apps
Mastering Typescript is a golden standard for budding and experienced developers. With a structured approach that will get you up and running with Typescript quickly, this book will introduce core concepts, then build on them to help you understand (and apply) the more advanced language features. You’ll learn by doing while acquiring the best programming practices along the way.
By the end of the book, you will have built a comprehensive set of web applications, having integrated them into a single cohesive website using micro front-end techniques. This book is about learning the language, understanding when to apply its features, and selecting the framework that fits your real-world project perfectly.
What you will learn
- Gain insights into core and advanced TypeScript language features
- Create test suites for your application with Jest and Selenium
- Apply industry-standard design patterns to build modular code
- Develop web server solutions using NodeJS and Express
- Design and implement serverless API solutions
- Explore micro front-end technologies and techniques
Who this book is for
If you are keen to learn TypeScript, this book will give you all the necessary knowledge and skills to tackle any TypeScript project. It will also give you an understanding of what application frameworks are out there, and which one to choose for your next project. If you are already an experienced JS or TypeScript developer, then this book will take your skills to the next level. No JS experience is required to get started — we’ll teach you all you need to know.
Founded in 2004 in Birmingham, UK, Packt's mission is to help the world put software to work in new ways, through the delivery of effective learning and information services to IT professionals.
Working towards that vision, we have published over 6,500 books and videos so far, providing IT professionals with the actionable knowledge they need to get the job done - whether that's specific learning on an emerging technology or optimizing key skills in more established tools.
As part of our mission, we have also awarded over $1,000,000 through our Open Source Project Royalty scheme, helping numerous projects become household names along the way.
Our students work
with the Best
Become a valued member of Tutorials Point and enjoy unlimited access to our vast library of top-rated Video CoursesSubscribe now
Master prominent technologies at full length and become a valued certified professional.Explore Now