Mastering PowerShell Scripting
Mastering PowerShell Scripting
About the Book
This complete guide takes you on a tour of PowerShell from the basics to its advanced functionality, helping you automate your tedious and time-consuming system admin tasks
- Automate complex tasks, manipulate data, and secure your environment
- Work with dual code for PowerShell 7 and Windows PowerShell to maintain compatibility with older versions
- See PowerShell in action, from learning the fundamentals to creating classes, scripts, and modules
PowerShell scripts offer a convenient way to automate various tasks, but working with them can be daunting. Mastering PowerShell Scripting takes away the fear and helps you navigate through PowerShell's capabilities.This extensively revised edition includes new chapters on debugging and troubleshooting and creating GUIs (online chapter). Learn the new features of PowerShell 7.1 by working with parameters, objects, and .NET classes from within PowerShell 7.1.
This comprehensive guide starts with the basics before moving on to advanced topics, including asynchronous processing, desired state configuration, using more complex scripts and filters, debugging issues, and error-handling techniques. Explore how to efficiently manage substantial amounts of data and interact with other services using PowerShell 7.1. This book will help you to make the most of PowerShell's automation features, using different methods to parse data, manipulate regular expressions, and work with Windows Management Instrumentation (WMI).
What you will learn
- Optimize code with functions, switches, and looping structures
- Test and debug your scripts as well as raising and catching errors
- Work with objects and operators to test and manipulate data
- Parse and manipulate different data types
- Use jobs, runspaces, and runspace pools to run code asynchronously
- Write .NET classes with ease within PowerShell
- Create and implement regular expressions in PowerShell scripts
- Make use of advanced techniques to define and restrict the behavior of parameters
Who this book is for
This book is for system administrators who want to automate and speed up their processes using PowerShell and Windows PowerShell. You’ll need to know the basics of operating systems, but beginners with no prior experience with PowerShell will have no trouble following along.
Founded in 2004 in Birmingham, UK, Packt's mission is to help the world put software to work in new ways, through the delivery of effective learning and information services to IT professionals.
Working towards that vision, we have published over 6,500 books and videos so far, providing IT professionals with the actionable knowledge they need to get the job done - whether that's specific learning on an emerging technology or optimizing key skills in more established tools.
As part of our mission, we have also awarded over $1,000,000 through our Open Source Project Royalty scheme, helping numerous projects become household names along the way.
Our students work
with the Best
Become a valued member of Tutorials Point and enjoy unlimited access to our vast library of top-rated Video CoursesSubscribe now
Master prominent technologies at full length and become a valued certified professional.Explore Now