Mastering OpenCV 4 with Python
A practical guide covering topics from image processing, augmented reality to deep learning with OpenCV 4 and Python 3.7
About the Book
Create advanced applications with Python and OpenCV, exploring the potential of facial recognition, machine learning, deep learning, web computing and augmented reality.
- Develop your computer vision skills by mastering algorithms in Open Source Computer Vision 4 (OpenCV 4) and Python
- Apply machine learning and deep learning techniques with TensorFlow and Keras
- Discover the modern design patterns you should avoid when developing efficient computer vision applications
OpenCV is considered to be one of the best open source computer vision and machine learning software libraries. It helps developers build complete projects in relation to image processing, motion detection, or image segmentation, among many others. OpenCV for Python enables you to run computer vision algorithms smoothly in real time, combining the best of the OpenCV C++ API and the Python language.
In this book, you'll get started by setting up OpenCV and delving into the key concepts of computer vision. You'll then proceed to study more advanced concepts and discover the full potential of OpenCV. The book will also introduce you to the creation of advanced applications using Python and OpenCV, enabling you to develop applications that include facial recognition, target tracking, or augmented reality. Next, you'll learn machine learning techniques and concepts, understand how to apply them in real-world examples, and also explore their benefits, including real-time data production and faster data processing. You'll also discover how to translate the functionality provided by OpenCV into optimized application code projects using Python bindings. Toward the concluding chapters, you'll explore the application of artificial intelligence and deep learning techniques using the popular Python libraries TensorFlow, and Keras.
By the end of this book, you'll be able to develop advanced computer vision applications to meet your customers' demands.
What you will learn
- Handle files and images, and explore various image processing techniques
- Explore image transformations, including translation, resizing, and cropping
- Gain insights into building histograms
- Brush up on contour detection, filtering, and drawing
- Work with Augmented Reality to build marker-based and markerless applications
- Work with the main machine learning algorithms in OpenCV
- Explore the deep learning Python libraries and OpenCV deep learning capabilities
- Create computer vision and deep learning web applications
Who this book is for
This book is designed for computer vision developers, engineers, and researchers who want to develop modern computer vision applications. Basic experience of OpenCV and Python programming is a must.
Founded in 2004 in Birmingham, UK, Packt's mission is to help the world put software to work in new ways, through the delivery of effective learning and information services to IT professionals.
Working towards that vision, we have published over 6,500 books and videos so far, providing IT professionals with the actionable knowledge they need to get the job done - whether that's specific learning on an emerging technology or optimizing key skills in more established tools.
As part of our mission, we have also awarded over $1,000,000 through our Open Source Project Royalty scheme, helping numerous projects become household names along the way.
Our students work
with the Best
Become a valued member of Tutorials Point and enjoy unlimited access to our vast library of top-rated Video CoursesSubscribe now
Master prominent technologies at full length and become a valued certified professional.Explore Now