Mastering JavaFX 10
Build advanced and visually stunning Java applications
About the Book
Design modern, rich interfaces for Java apps using JavaFX 10
- Become a pro with the latest JavaFX 10 framework
- Create dynamic content using the animation API
- Create and customize plugins and use them efficiently in different applications
JavaFX 10 is used to create media-rich client applications. This book takes you on a journey to use JavaFX 10 to build applications that display information in a high-performance, modern user interface featuring audio, video, graphics, and animation.
Mastering JavaFX 10 begins by introducing you to the JavaFX API. You will understand the steps involved in setting up your development environment and build the necessary dependencies. This is followed by exploring how to work with the assets, modules, and APIs of JavaFX. This book is filled with practical examples to guide you through the major features of JavaFX 10. In addition to this, you will acquire a practical understanding of JavaFX custom animations, merging different application layers smoothly, and creating a user-friendly GUI with ease.
By the end of the book, you will be able to create a complete, feature-rich Java graphical application using JavaFX.
What you will learn
- Construct and customize JavaFX windows
- Manage UI elements and arrange them on the Scene
- Explore the Bindings API and use it to coordinate various UI elements
- Use FXML to design amazing FX applications
- Write and manage CSS to style your applications
- Add audio and video to your projects
- Prepare your application to be launched on the target platform
Who This Book Is For
If you’re a Java developer who wants to upgrade to the latest version of JavaFX to create stunning, feature-rich graphical applications, this book is for you.
Table of Contents
- Stages, Scenes and Layout
- Building Blocks: Shapes, Text and Controls
- Connecting Pieces: Binding
- Divide and Conquer: FXML
- Styling application with CSS
- Building Dynamic UI
- Media and WebView
- Advanced Controls and Charts
- Packaging and Deployment with Java9 Jigsaw
- 3D at a glance
- What next?
Founded in 2004 in Birmingham, UK, Packt's mission is to help the world put software to work in new ways, through the delivery of effective learning and information services to IT professionals.
Working towards that vision, we have published over 6,500 books and videos so far, providing IT professionals with the actionable knowledge they need to get the job done - whether that's specific learning on an emerging technology or optimizing key skills in more established tools.
As part of our mission, we have also awarded over $1,000,000 through our Open Source Project Royalty scheme, helping numerous projects become household names along the way.
Our students work
with the Best
Become a valued member of Tutorials Point and enjoy unlimited access to our vast library of top-rated Video CoursesSubscribe now
Master prominent technologies at full length and become a valued certified professional.Explore Now