Mastering Apache Solr 7.x
An expert guide to advancing, optimizing, and scaling your enterprise search
About the Book
Accelerate your enterprise search engine and bring relevancy in your search analytics
About This Book
- A practical guide in building expertise with Indexing, Faceting, Clustering and Pagination
- Master the management and administration of Enterprise Search Applications and services seamlessly
- Handle multiple data inputs such as JSON, xml, pdf, doc, xls,ppt, csv and much more.
Who This Book Is For
The book would rightly appeal to developers, software engineers, data engineers and database architects who are building or seeking to build enterprise-wide effective search engines for business intelligence. Prior experience of Apache Solr or Java programming is must to take the best of this book.
What You Will Learn
- Design schema using schema API to access data in the database
- Advance querying and fine-tuning techniques for better performance
- Get to grips with indexing using Client API
- Set up a fault tolerant and highly available server with newer distributed capabilities, SolrCloud
- Explore Apache Tika to upload data with Solr Cell
- Understand different data operations that can be done while indexing
- Master advanced querying through Velocity Search UI, faceting and Query Re-ranking, pagination and spatial search
Apache Solr is the only standalone enterprise search server with a REST-like application interface. providing highly scalable, distributed search and index replication for many of the world's largest internet sites.
To begin with, you would be introduced to how you perform full text search, multiple filter search, perform dynamic clustering and so on helping you to brush up the basics of Apache Solr. You will also explore the new features and advanced options released in Apache Solr 7.x which will get you numerous performance aspects and making data investigation simpler, easier and powerful. You will learn to build complex queries, extensive filters and how are they compiled in your system to bring relevance in your search tools. You will learn to carry out Solr scoring, elements affecting the document score and how you can optimize or tune the score for the application at hand. You will learn to extract features of documents, writing complex queries in re-ranking the documents. You will also learn advanced options helping you to know what content is indexed and how the extracted content is indexed. Throughout the book, you would go through complex problems with solutions along with varied approaches to tackle your business needs.
By the end of this book, you will gain advanced proficiency to build out-of-box smart search solutions for your enterprise demands.
Style and approach
An advance guide which will take you through complex problems with solutions along with varied approaches to tackle your business needs by using Apache solr 7.x
Founded in 2004 in Birmingham, UK, Packt's mission is to help the world put software to work in new ways, through the delivery of effective learning and information services to IT professionals.
Working towards that vision, we have published over 6,500 books and videos so far, providing IT professionals with the actionable knowledge they need to get the job done - whether that's specific learning on an emerging technology or optimizing key skills in more established tools.
As part of our mission, we have also awarded over $1,000,000 through our Open Source Project Royalty scheme, helping numerous projects become household names along the way.
Our students work
with the Best
Become a valued member of Tutorials Point and enjoy unlimited access to our vast library of top-rated Video CoursesSubscribe now
Master prominent technologies at full length and become a valued certified professional.Explore Now