Magento 2 Cookbook
Over 50 practical recipes that will help you realize the full potential of Magento in order to build a professional online store
About the Book
Magento 2 is an open source e-commerce platform that has all the functionality to function from small to large online stores. It is preferred by developers and merchants due to its new architecture, which makes it possible to extend the functionalities with plugins, a lot of which are now created by the community.
This merchant and developer guide is packed with recipes that cover all aspects of Magento 2. The recipes start with simple how-to’s then delve into more advanced topics as the book progresses.
We start with the basics of setting up a Magento 2 project on Apache or Nginx. Next, you will learn about basics including system tools and caching to get your Magento 2 system ready for the real work. We move on to simple tasks such as managing your store and catalog configuration. When you are familiar with this, we cover more complex features such as module and extension development. Then we will jump to the final part: advanced Magento 2 extensions.
By the end of this book, you’ll be competent with all the development phases of Magento 2 and its most common elements.
- Take advantage of the latest features in Magento 2 to set up an e-commerce store that fits your business needs
- Packed with several advanced recipes, not just to manage your online store, but to extend and design it as well
- Written in a cookbook style, you can pick and choose your recipe to carry out your day- to- day Magento store tasks
- Set up a Magento 2 project on Apache or Nginx.
- Transfer your Magento 1 database to Magento 2 using the Magento 2 system tools.
- Boost the performance of Magento 2 by enabling different types of caching.
- Build a Magento 2 multi-store by creating a root catalog, subdirectories, and products.
- Create and manage pages, blocks, and front-end apps.
- Manage your Magento store by setting up the correct TAX rules.
- Design custom themes within the Magento 2 framework.
- Create basic and advanced extensions using Magento 2.
Founded in 2004 in Birmingham, UK, Packt's mission is to help the world put software to work in new ways, through the delivery of effective learning and information services to IT professionals.
Working towards that vision, we have published over 6,500 books and videos so far, providing IT professionals with the actionable knowledge they need to get the job done - whether that's specific learning on an emerging technology or optimizing key skills in more established tools.
As part of our mission, we have also awarded over $1,000,000 through our Open Source Project Royalty scheme, helping numerous projects become household names along the way.
Our students work
with the Best
Become a valued member of Tutorials Point and enjoy unlimited access to our vast library of top-rated Video CoursesSubscribe now
Master prominent technologies at full length and become a valued certified professional.Explore Now