Learning Tableau 2019 - Third Edition
Tools for Business Intelligence, data prep, and visual analytics
About the Book
Create powerful data visualizations and unlock intelligent business insights with Tableau
- Explore all the latest Tableau 2019 features and redefine business analytics for your organization
- Create impressive data visualizations and interactive dashboards to get insights from your data
- Learn effective data storytelling to transform how your business leverages data and makes decisions
Tableau is the gold standard of business intelligence and visual analytics tools in every industry. It enables rapid data visualization and interpretation with charts, graphs, dashboards, and much more. Updated with the latest features of Tableau, this book takes you from the foundations of the Tableau 2019 paradigm through to advanced topics.
This third edition of the bestselling guide by Tableau Zen Master, Joshua Milligan, will help you come to grips with updated features, such as set actions and transparent views. Beginning with installation, you'll create your first visualizations with Tableau and then explore practical examples and advanced techniques. You'll create bar charts, tree maps, scatterplots, time series, and a variety of other visualizations. Next, you'll discover techniques to overcome challenges presented by data structure and quality and engage in effective data storytelling and decision making with business critical information. Finally, you'll be introduced to Tableau Prep, and learn how to use it to integrate and shape data for analysis.
By the end of this book, you will be equipped to leverage the powerful features of Tableau 2019 for decision making.
What you will learn
- Develop stunning visualizations that explain complexity with clarity
- Explore the exciting new features of Tableau Desktop and Tableau Prep
- Connect to various data sources to bring all your data together
- Uncover techniques to prep and structure your data for easy analysis
- Create and use calculations to solve problems and enrich analytics
- Master advanced topics such as sets, LOD calcs, and much more
- Enable smart decisions with clustering, distribution, and forecasting
- Share your data stories to build a culture of trust and action
Who this book is for
This Tableau book is for anyone who wants to understand data. If you’re new to Tableau, don’t worry. This book builds on the foundations to help you understand how Tableau really works and then builds on that knowledge with practical examples before moving on to advanced techniques. Working experience with databases will be useful but is not necessary to get the most out of this book.
Founded in 2004 in Birmingham, UK, Packt's mission is to help the world put software to work in new ways, through the delivery of effective learning and information services to IT professionals.
Working towards that vision, we have published over 6,500 books and videos so far, providing IT professionals with the actionable knowledge they need to get the job done - whether that's specific learning on an emerging technology or optimizing key skills in more established tools.
As part of our mission, we have also awarded over $1,000,000 through our Open Source Project Royalty scheme, helping numerous projects become household names along the way.
Our students work
with the Best
Become a valued member of Tutorials Point and enjoy unlimited access to our vast library of top-rated Video CoursesSubscribe now
Master prominent technologies at full length and become a valued certified professional.Explore Now