About the Book
With the increasing focus on task automation, the Grunt task runner is a vast platform that allows you to incorporate automation into your workflows.
At the outset, you will learn how to use Node.js and NMP through an example. You will then find out how to build a sample app and the development environment for it. You will further delve into the implementation of Grunt plugins and the configuration of Grunt tasks. Furthermore, you will explore the various methods and packages for workflow automation. The final chapter will cover some advanced concepts, such as configuration variables and how to create a Grunt plugin.
By the end of the book, you will have gained the fundamentals of Grunt and progressed through advanced concepts, including building a Grunt plugin.
- Gain a solid knowledge of Grunt to achieve better process management by improving consistency, productivity, reliability, and quality of code
- Install, configure, and use plugins into your project with this hands-on guide
- This step-by-step tutorial will walk you through practical examples of workflow automation
- Install and configure Grunt and its dependencies such as Node.js and Node Package Manager (NPM)
- Create a sample application using Angular.JS
- Configure plugins to perform various tasks that will benefit your project
- Explore the task-specific methods available through the Grunt API such as configuration, externals, events, and logging
- Set up tasks to automate the build process of the simple contact application
- Build, test, and refine a sample project
- Get general tips, tricks, and troubleshooting strategies to identify and solve common issues in Grunt
- Advance your knowledge of Grunt with concepts such as configuration variables and test automation
Founded in 2004 in Birmingham, UK, Packt's mission is to help the world put software to work in new ways, through the delivery of effective learning and information services to IT professionals.
Working towards that vision, we have published over 6,500 books and videos so far, providing IT professionals with the actionable knowledge they need to get the job done - whether that's specific learning on an emerging technology or optimizing key skills in more established tools.
As part of our mission, we have also awarded over $1,000,000 through our Open Source Project Royalty scheme, helping numerous projects become household names along the way.
Our students work
with the Best
Become a valued member of Tutorials Point and enjoy unlimited access to our vast library of top-rated Video CoursesSubscribe now
Master prominent technologies at full length and become a valued certified professional.Explore Now