Learning Go Programming
Build ScalableNext-Gen Web Application using Golang
About the Book
Deep dive into the essential topics in Go programming
• Understand the fundamentals of Go language, its history, purpose and success stories.
• Learn how to work with Variables, Constants, Data types, Operators, Control structures and Functions.
• Get familiar and work with the standard Golang libraries.
• Learn how to create custom packages and third-party package installation.
• Understand how concurrency is achieved in Go with the use of Goroutines, Mutex and Channels.
• Understand how an error is handled in Golang and supported libraries.
This book is a unique read for both beginners and developers as it extensively covers topics ranging from fundamentals to advanced topics in Go programming. Basics such as Data types, Control structures and Loops in have been explained in-depth. A detailed description of Structs, Interfaces, Polymorphism and Concurrency will enable you to write professional codes using Golang. You will get an idea of error data type and how to recover it in Golang. You will be capable of using standard libraries, create custom packages and install third party packages in Go. Creation of functions and invoking them in Go have been vividly explained. By the end, you will be able to write advanced Golang code and at the same time, develop an application with Golang server.
What you will learn
• Learn how to write codes using Control structures and Loops in Go
• Get familiar with the type of Operators in Go
• Learn how to work with Arrays and Slices in Go
• Get familiar and work with the functions in Go
• Learn how to implement Concurrent programming in Go
Who this book is for
This book is for anyone who wants to learn the Golang programming language. Programmers and developers who are currently using Golang can use this book as a reference guide.
Table of Contents
1. Introduction to Go
2. Environment Setup
3. Beginning With Go
4. Variables, Data Types and Constants
6. Control Structures
8. Packages in Go
9. Arrays and Slices
14. Interfaces and polymorphism
16. Concurrency with Go
17. Mutex & Channels
18. Error Handling
20. Build Web Application
BPB is Asia's largest publishers of Computer & IT books. For the last 63 years BPB has been a friend, philosopher and guide for programmers, developers, hardware technicians, IT Professionals who have made things happen in the IT World.
Our students work
with the Best
Become a valued member of Tutorials Point and enjoy unlimited access to our vast library of top-rated Video CoursesSubscribe now
Master prominent technologies at full length and become a valued certified professional.Explore Now