Learn SOLIDWORKS - Second edition
About the Book
Get to grips with leading 3D engineering and product design application to design robust 3D models and achieve CSWA and CSWP certification
- Gain comprehensive insights into the core aspects of 3D modeling's mechanical parts
- Learn how to generate assembly designs with both standard and advanced mates
- Discover design practices for both 2D as well as 3D modeling and prepare to achieve CSWP and CSWA certification
SOLIDWORKS is the leading choice for 3D engineering and product design applications across industries such as aviation, automobile, and consumer product design. This book helps you to get up and running with SOLIDWORKS and understand each new concept and tool with the help of easy-to-follow exercises.
You'll begin with the basics, exploring the software interface and finding out how to work with drawing files. The book then guides you through topics such as sketching, building complex 3D models, generating dynamic and static assemblies, and generating 2D engineering drawings to prepare you to take on any design project. You'll also work with practical exercises to get hands-on experience with creating sketches, 3D part models, assemblies, and drawings. To reinforce your understanding of SOLIDWORKS, the book is supplemented by downloadable files that will help you to understand the concepts and exercises more easily. Finally, you'll also work on projects for 3D modeling objects inspired by everyday life.
By the end of this SOLIDWORKS book, you'll have gained the skills you need to create professional 3D mechanical models using SOLIDWORKS and be able to prepare effectively for the Certified SOLIDWORKS Associate (CSWA) and Certified SOLIDWORKS Professional (CSWP) exams.
What you will learn
- Understand the fundamentals of SOLIDWORKS and parametric modeling
- Create professional 2D sketches as bases for 3D models using simple and advanced modeling techniques
- Use SOLIDWORKS drawing tools to generate standard engineering drawings
- Evaluate mass properties and materials for designing parts and assemblies
- Join different parts together to form static and dynamic assemblies
- Discover expert tips and tricks to generate different part and assembly configurations for your mechanical designs
Who this book is for
This book is for aspiring engineers, designers, makers, draftsmen, and hobbyists looking to get started with SOLIDWORKS and explore the software. Individuals who are interested in becoming Certified SOLIDWORKS Associates (CSWAs) or Certified SOLIDWORKS Professionals (CSWPs) will also find this book useful. No specific background is needed to follow the concepts in the book as it starts from the basics of SOLIDWORKS. However, basic theoretical knowledge of 3D modeling will be helpful to get the most out of this book.
Founded in 2004 in Birmingham, UK, Packt's mission is to help the world put software to work in new ways, through the delivery of effective learning and information services to IT professionals.
Working towards that vision, we have published over 6,500 books and videos so far, providing IT professionals with the actionable knowledge they need to get the job done - whether that's specific learning on an emerging technology or optimizing key skills in more established tools.
As part of our mission, we have also awarded over $1,000,000 through our Open Source Project Royalty scheme, helping numerous projects become household names along the way.
Our students work
with the Best
Become a valued member of Tutorials Point and enjoy unlimited access to our vast library of top-rated Video CoursesSubscribe now
Master prominent technologies at full length and become a valued certified professional.Explore Now