Learn SOLIDWORKS 2020
A hands-on guide to becoming an accomplished SOLIDWORKS Associate and Professional
About the Book
Explore a practical and example-driven approach to understanding SOLIDWORKS 2020 and achieving CSWA and CSWP certification
- Gain comprehensive insights into the core aspects of mechanical part modeling
- Get up to speed with generating assembly designs with both standard and advanced mates
- Focus on design practices for both 2D as well as 3D modeling and prepare to achieve CWSP and CWSA certification
SOLIDWORKS is the leading choice for 3D engineering and product design applications across industries such as aviation, automobiles, and consumer product design.
This book takes a practical approach to getting you up and running with SOLIDWORKS 2020. You'll start with the basics, exploring the software interface and working with drawing files. The book then guides you through topics such as sketching, building complex 3D models, generating dynamic and static assemblies, and generating 2D engineering drawings to equip you for mechanical design projects. You'll also do practical exercises to get hands-on with creating sketches, 3D part models, assemblies, and drawings. To reinforce your understanding of SOLIDWORKS, the book is supplemented by downloadable files that will help you follow up with the concepts and exercises found in the book.
By the end of this book, you'll have gained the skills you need to create professional 3D mechanical models using SOLIDWORKS, and you'll be able to prepare effectively for the Certified SOLIDWORKS Associate (CSWA) and Certified SOLIDWORKS Professional (CSWP) exams.
What you will learn
- Understand the fundamentals of SOLIDWORKS and parametric modeling
- Create professional 2D sketches as bases for 3D models using simple and advanced modeling techniques
- Use SOLIDWORKS drawing tools to generate standard engineering drawings
- Evaluate mass properties and materials for designing parts and assemblies
- Understand the objectives and the formats of the CSWA and CSWP exams
- Discover expert tips and tricks to generate different part and assembly configurations for your mechanical designs
Who this book is for
This book is for aspiring engineers, designers, drafting technicians, or anyone looking to get started with the latest version of SOLIDWORKS. Anyone interested in becoming a Certified SOLIDWORKS Associate (CSWA) or Certified SOLIDWORKS Professional (CSWP) will also find this book useful.
Founded in 2004 in Birmingham, UK, Packt's mission is to help the world put software to work in new ways, through the delivery of effective learning and information services to IT professionals.
Working towards that vision, we have published over 6,500 books and videos so far, providing IT professionals with the actionable knowledge they need to get the job done - whether that's specific learning on an emerging technology or optimizing key skills in more established tools.
As part of our mission, we have also awarded over $1,000,000 through our Open Source Project Royalty scheme, helping numerous projects become household names along the way.
Our students work
with the Best
Become a valued member of Tutorials Point and enjoy unlimited access to our vast library of top-rated Video CoursesSubscribe now
Master prominent technologies at full length and become a valued certified professional.Explore Now