Learn Java 12 Programming
A step-by-step guide to learning essential concepts in Java SE 10, 11, and 12
About the Book
A comprehensive guide to get started with Java and gain insights into major concepts such as object-oriented, functional, and reactive programming
- Strengthen your knowledge of important programming concepts and the latest features in Java
- Explore core programming topics including GUI programming, concurrency, and error handling
- Learn the idioms and best practices for writing high-quality Java code
Java is one of the preferred languages among developers, used in everything right from smartphones, and game consoles to even supercomputers, and its new features simply add to the richness of the language. This book on Java programming begins by helping you learn how to install the Java Development Kit. You will then focus on understanding object-oriented programming (OOP), with exclusive insights into concepts like abstraction, encapsulation, inheritance, and polymorphism, which will help you when programming for real-world apps. Next, you’ll cover fundamental programming structures of Java such as data structures and algorithms that will serve as the building blocks for your apps. You will also delve into core programming topics that will assist you with error handling, debugging, and testing your apps. As you progress, you’ll move on to advanced topics such as Java libraries, database management, and network programming, which will hone your skills in building professional-grade apps.
Further on, you’ll understand how to create a graphic user interface using JavaFX and learn to build scalable apps by taking advantage of reactive and functional programming.
By the end of this book, you’ll not only be well versed with Java 10, 11, and 12, but also gain a perspective into the future of this language and software development in general.
What you will learn
- Learn and apply object-oriented principles
- Gain insights into data structures and understand how they are used in Java
- Explore multithreaded, asynchronous, functional, and reactive programming
- Add a user-friendly graphic interface to your application
- Find out what streams are and how they can help in data processing
- Discover the importance of microservices and use them to make your apps robust and scalable
- Explore Java design patterns and best practices to solve everyday problems
- Learn techniques and idioms for writing high-quality Java code
Who this book is for
Students, software developers, or anyone looking to learn new skills or even a language will find this book useful. Although this book is for beginners, professional programmers can benefit from it too. Previous knowledge of Java or any programming language is not required.
Founded in 2004 in Birmingham, UK, Packt's mission is to help the world put software to work in new ways, through the delivery of effective learning and information services to IT professionals.
Working towards that vision, we have published over 6,500 books and videos so far, providing IT professionals with the actionable knowledge they need to get the job done - whether that's specific learning on an emerging technology or optimizing key skills in more established tools.
As part of our mission, we have also awarded over $1,000,000 through our Open Source Project Royalty scheme, helping numerous projects become household names along the way.
Our students work
with the Best
Become a valued member of Tutorials Point and enjoy unlimited access to our vast library of top-rated Video CoursesSubscribe now
Master prominent technologies at full length and become a valued certified professional.Explore Now