Kubernetes in Production Best Practices
Build and manage highly available production-ready Kubernetes clusters
About the Book
Design, build, and operate scalable and reliable Kubernetes infrastructure for production
- Implement industry best practices to build and manage production-grade Kubernetes infrastructure
- Learn how to architect scalable Kubernetes clusters, harden container security, and fine-tune resource management
- Understand, manage, and operate complex business workloads confidently
Although out-of-the-box solutions can help you to get a cluster up and running quickly, running a Kubernetes cluster that is optimized for production workloads is a challenge, especially for users with basic or intermediate knowledge. With detailed coverage of cloud industry standards and best practices for achieving scalability, availability, operational excellence, and cost optimization, this Kubernetes book is a blueprint for managing applications and services in production.
You'll discover the most common way to deploy and operate Kubernetes clusters, which is to use a public cloud-managed service from AWS, Azure, or Google Cloud Platform (GCP). This book explores Amazon Elastic Kubernetes Service (Amazon EKS), the AWS-managed version of Kubernetes, for working through practical exercises. As you get to grips with implementation details specific to AWS and EKS, you'll understand the design concepts, implementation best practices, and configuration applicable to other cloud-managed services. Throughout the book, you’ll also discover standard and cloud-agnostic tools, such as Terraform and Ansible, for provisioning and configuring infrastructure.
By the end of this book, you’ll be able to leverage Kubernetes to operate and manage your production environments confidently.
What you will learn
- Explore different infrastructure architectures for Kubernetes deployment
- Implement optimal open source and commercial storage management solutions
- Apply best practices for provisioning and configuring Kubernetes clusters, including infrastructure as code (IaC) and configuration as code (CAC)
- Configure the cluster networking plugin and core networking components to get the best out of them
- Secure your Kubernetes environment using the latest tools and best practices
- Deploy core observability stacks, such as monitoring and logging, to fine-tune your infrastructure
Who this book is for
This book is for cloud infrastructure experts, DevOps engineers, site reliability engineers, and engineering managers looking to design and operate Kubernetes infrastructure for production. Basic knowledge of Kubernetes, Terraform, Ansible, Linux, and AWS is needed to get the most out of this book.
Founded in 2004 in Birmingham, UK, Packt's mission is to help the world put software to work in new ways, through the delivery of effective learning and information services to IT professionals.
Working towards that vision, we have published over 6,500 books and videos so far, providing IT professionals with the actionable knowledge they need to get the job done - whether that's specific learning on an emerging technology or optimizing key skills in more established tools.
As part of our mission, we have also awarded over $1,000,000 through our Open Source Project Royalty scheme, helping numerous projects become household names along the way.
Our students work
with the Best
Become a valued member of Tutorials Point and enjoy unlimited access to our vast library of top-rated Video CoursesSubscribe now
Master prominent technologies at full length and become a valued certified professional.Explore Now