Kubernetes Cookbook - Second Edition
Practical solutions to container orchestration
About the Book
Learn how to automate and manage your containers and reduce the overall operation burden on your system.
- Use containers to manage, scale and orchestrate apps in your organization
- Transform the latest concept of Kubernetes 1.10 into examples
- Expert techniques for orchestrating containers effectively
Kubernetes is an open source orchestration platform to manage containers in a cluster environment. With Kubernetes, you can configure and deploy containerized applications easily. This book gives you a quick brush up on how Kubernetes works with containers, and an overview of main Kubernetes concepts, such as Pods, Deployments, Services and etc.
This book explains how to create Kubernetes clusters and run applications with proper authentication and authorization configurations. With real-world recipes, you'll learn how to create high availability Kubernetes clusters on AWS, GCP and in on-premise datacenters with proper logging and monitoring setup. You'll also learn some useful tips about how to build a continuous delivery pipeline for your application. Upon completion of this book, you will be able to use Kubernetes in production and will have a better understanding of how to manage containers using Kubernetes.
What you will learn
- Build your own container cluster
- Deploy and manage highly scalable, containerized applications with Kubernetes
- Build high-availability Kubernetes clusters
- Build a continuous delivery pipeline for your application
- Track metrics and logs for every container running in your cluster
- Streamline the way you deploy and manage your applications with large-scale container orchestration
Who This Book Is For
This book is for system administrators, developers, DevOps engineers, or any stakeholder who wants to understand how Kubernetes works using a recipe-based approach. Basic knowledge of Kubernetes and Containers is required.
Table of Contents
- Building your own Kubernetes Cluster
- Walking though Kubernetes concepts
- Playing with containers
- Building high availability cluster
- Building continuous delivery pipeline
- Building Kubernetes on AWS
- Building Kubernetes on GCP
- Advanced cluster administration
- Logging and monitoring
Founded in 2004 in Birmingham, UK, Packt's mission is to help the world put software to work in new ways, through the delivery of effective learning and information services to IT professionals.
Working towards that vision, we have published over 6,500 books and videos so far, providing IT professionals with the actionable knowledge they need to get the job done - whether that's specific learning on an emerging technology or optimizing key skills in more established tools.
As part of our mission, we have also awarded over $1,000,000 through our Open Source Project Royalty scheme, helping numerous projects become household names along the way.
Our students work
with the Best
Become a valued member of Tutorials Point and enjoy unlimited access to our vast library of top-rated Video CoursesSubscribe now
Master prominent technologies at full length and become a valued certified professional.Explore Now